Master and Servant 3D Entry: Gunilla Elam

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
I think you've got a very good idea Gunilla, the toughest part is probably getting the composition down just right so that everybody who sees it can understand your message. Would be a good idea to do some sketches of composition before getting into the modelling. In fact I should do that too ehh heh....

Cheers always!

03 March 2005
interesting idea, good luck ! i like the little girl one also.

03 March 2005
golgotha, okay, i'm with you. what about thinking in terms of the greek cross with the two arms--the upper one could be static, and the lower one articulated? dunno. might get confusing.

Master and Servant Challenge

03 March 2005
H3rbie - tack detsamma!

keetmun - Good idea! I've done the rough comp but I remember how much trouble I had with the last challenge. A little planning will probably help, thanks!
Also, with this concept it would be good to be as clear as possible - the idea holds some contradicting ideas in itself.

stripe - thanks, and I might pick the girl idea up again later. We'll see

Janet - perhaps that could work. I don't know, the cross aspect might be to confusing to keep anyway - it was just one of those things that popped up by itself and make me follow in that direction. I love it when I can work like that. I'll take a round with the environment while thinking. thanks again!

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

03 March 2005
Talking Hi there, Gunilla

Unexpected concept. Great!
I already try to see final composition...
Suggest that you try to put camera closer to the ground - with help of some wide FOV you can obtain impressive effect of master's power and stability. Key light can come from the master to light servants - like if they were receiving all meaning of theirs' life for a master

M&S
/
Deryk
\
GSO

03 March 2005
Simple and yet not simple, that model looks great!

03 March 2005
Talking best of luck

I really enjoy the image that you have..and I would like to wish you all the luck and I hope that you have for this because it really have grabed my attention..

handsonfire

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=223443

03 March 2005
i don't know if you got an idea but here is what I'm thinking for the arms of the "tower" ... (sorry to have drawn on your picture )

03 March 2005
Hmmm sorry, but I'm not okay with the idea of my friend Scooter...
In fact, he want to add some pieces, that give to this tower capability to really work... but I think that's not a way to Gunilla... she have her woman sensibility, not with her mechanical knowledge, but with her vision of something mechanical. She have her special view of that, and I'm sure that she have to keep this particular vision... poetic and sweet female feeling...
If I had carried out a tower like this one, of course, I would have added jacks and all these many machine elements which would have allowed a real operation, but I don't build this tower like that, I would certainly have do something of mechanically more solid, more real and more technic. The result would have been different, certainly less poetic, and less graph, certainly not in the same style as Gunilla.
That's the principal reason which makes me like the way that has Gunilla to interpret the things. It's what gives this so particular result.

I know my english is not very good, I hope you understand anyway...

...and, I love your tower

03 March 2005
Deryk - considered and done The camera will be lowered in the nextcoming renders - thanks.

hands0nfire - thank you! It's very nice of you to take an interest in my work, makes me work harder.

scooter - no problem, you can draw on them I don't mind. And thanks! The suggestion will perhaps not be 100% stylewise but there is really something good about the shape - perhaps I can use and arc movement for the wires there... hmm: I will test it as soon as I got a better grip of the rest 97% of my image... Where does the time go!?

Lemog - Understand completely what you say here - and thank you, it really means a lot You remind me of the reason I'm here, which is to do and try out things that I don't normally do. My daily work includes a lot of precise things (currently with medical illustration and earlier with technical) so these challenges are a perfect time to search for other aspects and learn some new tricks. Most of all it's about having fun and learning - which is why I'm so hopelessly behind schedule. This challenge brings so much outstanding work to enjoy that I spend my time drooling in other peoples threads instead of working my own... thanks again my friend

Next step will be finding an angle for the rest of the image aswell as some decisions when it comes to my 20 characters. oops - did I just write that!?

Demoreel

03 March 2005
hvnt had time to read threw the thread yet but will.
seems like u have a pritty cool idea.
good luck, have fun & and entertain our creative side

03 March 2005
Modeling: blocky comp

Test for the main comp - not sure about the format yet, perhaps it will be more narrow. Still very rough, no textures or colours yet.

Demoreel

03 March 2005
That come really nice out, eventually a more bigger camera angle to give the impression that the main 'antenna' looks bigger/distorted like in a cartoon style pict... just an input...

jdd

Effectred. Creative Studio
www.effectred.com

03 March 2005
Hello Gunilla ... first time I visit your thread and its getting very nice ..... I like a lot your concepts and ideas..... the most this one you are making now .... looking foward to see more ...

Good luck!!

03 March 2005
Very interesting work my friend. I am quite curious as to where you will go from here.. keep at it man. As always an eye pleaser

Thread Closed share thread