Master and Servant 3D Entry: Gunilla Elam

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Hey Gunilla! it is nice to see you participating in this challenge Your grand space opera entry was great, I can't wait to see where you take these new concepts! I'll check back soon to see how everything is going!

03 March 2005
Wow, this idea is strong and almost politically incorrect keep it up!

03 March 2005
This is looking great Gunilla. Det ska bli väldigt intressant att se resultatet. =)

03 March 2005
Good luck Dude

My GS Opera challange: >here<

My Master and Servant challange: >here<

03 March 2005
Chih-Han - thanks a lot, I hope I can make something good from number two ... good to see you again.

Marek - thanks mate and welcome back when I got something going ... may be some days until I can have an update done.

coCoKNIght- Yeah, might be a bit politically incorrect... especially when coming from someone as computer addict as myself - suppose it all depends on from where your standing.

CarlWahl - tack det samma, mycket imponerande start av dej tycker jag

blackdragoncg - thanks a lot and good luck

I was hoping to have some modeling done by now but it's going really slow - to much eggs perhaps. Maybe in a couple of days, I'm really not as fast as most of you guys - have been fighting vertices without getting anywhere at all. Well, well - there is still plenty of time.

Thanks for stopping by.

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

03 March 2005
Modeling: masterthing

First try for a basic shape for the master character.

Demoreel

03 March 2005
So, this is what I'm thinking... I want to do my Master of Media as some robot/radiotower creature - being made from junk and wires and transmitters, recievers. Emotions communicated should be that of superior arrogance... O.K this part will not be easy.
I'm trying to lay up the wires hinting a human shape to make it more alive... going to need a lot more to not being to subtle with this.
Still not convinced this is the right way to go so comments are very welcome at this stage. Perhaps is there a better way to make it part mechanical and part alive...?

Demoreel

03 March 2005
Hi there.

Choosing the "master" item as a remote communication device is simply
"striking!!!".

Original and good way of implementing authority of "master" idea.

Two thumbs up.

03 March 2005
Originally Posted by Gunilla: I'm trying to lay up the wires hinting a human shape to make it more alive... going to need a lot more to not being to subtle with this.
Still not convinced this is the right way to go so comments are very welcome at this stage. Perhaps is there a better way to make it part mechanical and part alive...?

I hope that I correctly understand what you mean... you talk about wire... waht not use waves that profile a part of the human shape ?
Anyway I really like what I see and the concept
jdd

Effectred. Creative Studio
www.effectred.com

03 March 2005
Hi Gunilla,

Your second cocept is a well thought one. Fine idea! Maybe the environmental modeling will be more difficult than the first one's environment but it is up to you. Keep it up! YOur model start is very promising!
Ciao,
Tremo

03 March 2005
Originally Posted by Gunilla: I'm trying to lay up the wires hinting a human shape to make it more alive... going to need a lot more to not being to subtle with this.

i like the idea of wires or maybe field lines to keep the shape human--you might also think about giving the arms some joints (eg. shoulders, elbows, wrists). i find that articulation like that makes construction devices like diggers and robotic arms look like theyr'e alive.

Master and Servant Challenge

03 March 2005
Smile

hi Gunilla..... good progess here ... i like the suggestion artemesia66 have made!... also heres another one...why not a subtle electric field surrounding the tower like a shadow that resembles a human form!

03 March 2005
Thats an interesting choice for a Master Gunilla.....A unique choice.

Nice start on the actual modeling.

The usage of wires or waves to showcase a human like shape is a good one.I believe that will be the tricky part.................I'll have to think on a way to implement this........It's something really new to think of........

Anyways I like the concept,it's fresh.....Good thinking outside of the box Gunilla.........I'll be watching your next moves and think of some kind of solution for those waves/wires.......Until later keep hammering away.........

03 March 2005
kuzgunoglu - thank you for the support, and thanks for coming by.

Quote: you talk about wire... waht not use waves that profile a part of the human shape ?

Julien - that is a really good idea, thank you! I was thinking of rendering them selfilluminated with glow but enhancing the shape with some aura waves can be just the right way to go. Good, very good

Tremo - I am thinking some kind of cliff, desert setting for the environment, so hopefully that could be made rather easy. Thanks for reminding me about it though ... I really need to start drafting it. And thanks for stopping by - I love your thread so far

Janet - that could work, yes! When I did the rough blocking the shapes gave me a bit of Golgata feel ... with the master almost being a cross. I sort of like that even if it might confuse the theme a bit to bring in some religious aspects ... who has been crucified and for what? Naah, perhaps to deep to figure that one out just now. I'll try the joints and see what it might look like - thanks a lot!

Hamid - yes, thank you!! I really think the aura idea will do the trick here. I will bring it in in composition stage.

Michael- thanks a lot for always bringing lots of inspiration. Really appreciated - and now I will need to stop by that huge thread of yours and see what have happened since yesterday!

I've got some new inspiring thoughts from all your comments, I really love these challenges and the way things evolve by the interaction with you all - just great

Demoreel

03 March 2005
lycka till, hoppas dte gar bra for dig!

Thread Closed share thread