Master and Servant 3D Entry: Gregory Werner

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #61
Hi Greg.............turning out clean and smooth.Pumping out the models towards your idea in lightning speed............Keep it going,your doing a fine job......By the way have you looked into Vray? It's got Vray fur?Or hair FX?I have done some experiments lately with it,and came up with some interesting solutions.........If your interested PM me,I can give you a hand on some pretty cool solutions,hair and fur wise.......Kind of found them out on accident,just by endlessly tweaking.........See you soon............keep it rolling......

Old 03 March 2005   #62
Modeling: Hairy stuff

Ok had a go at vrays fur. Haven't used this feature before so It'll need some testing to get it right. Happy with the hair-style though. Got it rather close to the concept. Yeah I know the lighting bad in this pic..next one will be nicer

Old 03 March 2005   #63
Modeling: body modeling

Ok I guess it's another shot at anatomy modeling...gotta get the muscles right this time !!!

Old 03 March 2005   #64
Modeling: Body building

Ok main body boxed out. Slightly smoothed to get a better feel, Will start tackling joints soon.

Old 03 March 2005   #65
Wow didn't even notice when I passed my 300 post mark !!

Old 03 March 2005   #66
Modeling: Do the da Vinci.....

Not much progress made today :-/ Reposed for better rigging. Feet are still a mess. Need to connect the front of the neck & torso....long way to go...

Old 03 March 2005   #67
Talking

Just take your time. Still 2 month, almost. The body so far looks proportionally quiet fine. detailing will follow, i'm sure. the neck could use a bit volume, its a bit thin compared to the rest of his body. don't remember if you own a zbrush. a trick to make fast male hair look right in positioning, to paint a mask in bz directly on his head (submat style working) thats the way in shaghair. makes it very eaysy to place fur.

you are working with "symetry, are you?" don't collapse the stack before you have all extrmities into place, where you want them. unwrapping also is faster if you just unwrap the half of him, then when unwrapped, just mirror the other half and stitch em together. and, fastest way to unwrap, split into arm legg torso, neck face and so on detach and map seperately, then weld back together and stich piece by piece... you might already know...of course.

might be the missing collarbone, but yet, the arms look a bit srtange in position. Just keep on going!
go go go greg!!!

Old 03 March 2005   #68
Thnx for the encouragement & tips guys ...

Yep 1st_Angel he's fully symetry. I'd hate to unwrap the whole thing (that'd be insane).
I'll be freshing out the details later on today (muscle structure).

The only thing thats done ok with the arms are the palms the rest will be remodeled I just wanted to make a base mesh on which I could work on.

No collar bones yet but they'll b there soon enough. Making people just takes longer...

Old 03 March 2005   #69
Nice going with the head of hair. Hope to see a more complete body soom, although with the speed your wroking at i dont have to hope. Humans sure do take longer to model .

In the year 4016...

Old 03 March 2005   #70
amazing progress! He needs a lot of work, but nevertheless, your damn fast I'm waiting for some detailed body now...
good luck

Old 03 March 2005   #71
Modeling: Work out

mORE defines muscles added the collar bones but they need a little reworking..He's slowly begining to take shape

Old 03 March 2005   #72
nice modleing man... the hand and shoulder of the model needs more works. Ur doing great..keep up the good works

Old 03 March 2005   #73
Modeling: Body modeling.....

Tried a little work on the arm muscles, rebuilt the armpit, added a sixpack, started welding the legs with the torso.

Old 03 March 2005   #74
vrays fur? is not the shag hair plugin? or it is another one? great development Gregory!

Old 03 March 2005   #75
Nice progress, make stomach muscles wider. Keep the good progress up!

Thread Closed share thread