Master and Servant 3D Entry: Gregory Werner

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Thumbs up Hello!!

I am a first timer. To me your idea seems to be HUGE!!!
It is a great concept...i think i'll learn lots by keeping a track
of how you go about it.

Best of Luck!!!

03 March 2005
Nice to see new faces on CG Talk....I hope to learn a lot too

03 March 2005
Wink

Dude...could you take a break please ... excellent progress so far!

It sucks to have a day job when you want to be at home modeling....boy do I have some catching up to do!

"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it."

03 March 2005
Modeling: Wolf man .....

Rearanged verts on the hands...added an extra finger (now he's got 5) Some minor changes to the helmet...still not too happy with the boots

03 March 2005
Holly mother of God! u have allready started modelling! great start Gregory! looking forward to it's development!
I don't even know what to do yet!

Have fun and welcome!

03 March 2005
Modeling: wolf man colors & minor changes

Some minor changes made. Added detail to the belt, added a cape, color scheme test with noise...added scimtar and shield. Shield will probably changed to a round one sooooon

03 March 2005
Man I got to start optimizing soon. Don't want to end up with a one character scene .... Now to find out the secrets of normal mapping....lucky I used turbosmooth for this guy...

Should I keep the breastplate on him??? Need feedback...

Last edited by 3dRaven : 03 March 2005 at 06:28 PM. Reason: armour

03 March 2005
Modeling: Rig-amortis

Finally he's rigged and ready to take on a horde of enemies...Still have to finish his shield though. Looks a lot better round. Skin wrap is a life saver...

03 March 2005
Hmmm once I finish the shield I'm gonna start work on the textures...UVW Unwrap Bleeee.....wolfi will look better once I start adding fur....

03 March 2005
wow great work and so fast too! Keep up the momentum!

03 March 2005
Hmmm gonna have to switch to a bone system.....as I predicted character studio crashed while cloning

Guess I'll have to build a rig tomorrow....Any way positioning at least 20 of these guys with CS seemed like a slight horror anyway... Back to basics

Last edited by 3dRaven : 03 March 2005 at 09:13 PM. Reason: CS crashes

03 March 2005
Hey, whatta fast work, no doubt you're on the wave! Keep it up man. Thanks for your comment about my machineflesh entry. I will keep an eye on your thread.

Keep it up!

03 March 2005
I was able to fix the cloning problem....turns out I had helpers hidden so when I copied the biped I did it without the box helper.....and biped went nuts...any how it works now. Did a little composition test and wasn't very happy with the result...couldn't get it look good at any angle...too little was happening on one screen...Gotta rethink the settings....characters will stay the same so I didn't loose time here...

03 March 2005
wow, that's insane speed slow down a bit
I like this guy, can you make some renders? I would like to see him in a better quality

03 March 2005
No probs I'm post some renders once I start texturing...For now I have to finish the refreshed concept....another character will join the pack soon

Thread Closed share thread