Master and Servant 3D Entry: Gregory Werner

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #16
Modeling: Wolf soldier got a body

Modeling the body...Might go into overtime tonight and try to finish him...well at least the modeling part

Old 03 March 2005   #17
seems more like a rat-donkey-man to me
I suggest you fetch some wolf photo/anatomy references before modeling you look like having a correct modeling technique, so I'm sure you can pull out a great wolf - man if you do some researches .
good luck!

Old 03 March 2005   #18
Modeling: I got paws :]

Addded paws..some muscle and head refinements

Old 03 March 2005   #19
Or, instead of looking for references(which is actually quite boring), just call him "rat-donkey soldier".

Old 03 March 2005   #20
I agree with 'nny. A quick search of Google Images with the word "wolf" yielded the following:

The snout's very different and the eyes are less side, more front. If you go back to reshape later instead of trying for the right shape from the beginning it could lead to headaches (as I discovered with my rabbit project -- I had to look at rabbit photos for over a year before I figured out why they didn't look bunny-like).

Anyway, can't wait to see the next post.

Old 03 March 2005   #21
Modeling: face it

Yep I'm pretty much nuts ....its 2:45AM. Anyhow here's the latest update..The rats ears are no more

Old 03 March 2005   #22
Talking

Wow so many people are already modeling...I feel like im so far behind. Nice start so far, good luck with your progress.

"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it."

Old 03 March 2005   #23
Modeling: Body

Fleshing out the volume of the wolf soldier..Using character studio more as a guide..doubt I'll use it to pose the characters later on.

Old 03 March 2005   #24
Modeling: Some body ....

Ok a couple of extrudes here and there and vertex welds and he's starting to look ok. Still lots to though

Old 03 March 2005   #25
Whaouw... you work very quickly... best wishes for the WolfGuy

Old 03 March 2005   #26
Modeling: No longer naked

Yup I started adding the costume. I'll redo the feet once I start doing the boots. Still lots more accesories and shiny things to come

Old 03 March 2005   #27
Nice to see you visiting Lemog it's nice to have such a high standard audience ... Gotta to finish this, now that all my favorive CG artists are watching (more are invited of course )

Last edited by 3dRaven : 03 March 2005 at 01:26 PM.

Old 03 March 2005   #28
Talking

ha, fastard. lol, maybe i flush concepting now and start to model too. hehe, i recently sleep u know
nice woolfie, will he get hairs? the handjoints need a slight volume correction. the backhand normally almost builds a straight planar transitioning to the lower arm.

tumbnails could look a bit more inwards, towards the hand.

go go go!!!

Old 03 March 2005   #29
Modeling: New sneakers

Added boots and started modeling the belt

Old 03 March 2005   #30
Thnx for the tips Sacha. I'll look into remodeling the hands tonight

Sneaking in pics between work breaks....I'll fire up my engines at about 19:00

Not sure about the fur. Will probably rely on textures and alpha....I'll have to experiment a bit. I'm thinking of testing out maxes normal mapping for this project. There's gonna be a little army on screen once I finish (hopefully) so poly count might be a major problem here...Hopefully maxes bag of ticks will come to the rescue

Last edited by 3dRaven : 03 March 2005 at 02:54 PM.

Thread Closed share thread