Master and Servant 3D Entry: Gregory Werner

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Master and Servant 3D Entry: Gregory Werner

Gregory Werner has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Milady's new servant

The story:

Milady is to picks out a new servant. She's is accompanied by her guardians on the hunt. He is caught on a side road while returning home. The bodyguards use an old crane from a nearby mill to immobilize him for the initiating ceremony. The human struggles but is soon numbed by the mistresses witchcraft. He no longer feels pain. One of the bodyguards in the mean while heats up the branding iron with the mistressís crest & the hawk priest starts his chant to the gods of nature. The poor soul will of course carry his ladies crest branded on him as all servants before him....The ceremony commences as the first rays of light chase away the darkness of the night.

The relationship:
The master in this relationship is the dominant character. The servant is disposable. He has no will of his own. He is quickly replaced if he rebels. Of course the two races can not understand each other or communicate so the servant is pushed around and can rely only on a simplified sign language.

My aims:
I wanted to show a surreal picture where the human character wouldn't entirely fit into the crowd...seem like an outcast, surrounded by creatures only slightly resembling human form but of animal nature. They all see him as a lower being in the food chain. The human may have valuable knowledge and ides but the master will never be able to find that out because of the communication barrier. Just like in our world people who's job is to serve usually become only tools to their masters

My experience:
This challenge was a completely new experience for me. This was my first project on such large scale. I learned a lot about how to organize my workflow & work with high polygon scenes. Composite work was also rather new to me. I used to render out full scenes not knowing the power that is in layer compositing saving valuable time and speeding up the rendering process.

Last edited by 3dRaven : 05 May 2005 at 01:44 AM.

03 March 2005
Cool

what took you so long to show up here

best luck mate, get ready top rock

03 March 2005
Can't quit my day job just yet...
I guess I'm a slave to paperwork & beaurocracy's my master

Firing up my scetch pad in my spare time. Gonna have some concepts up in a couple'a days once I refine em.

Thnx Sacha I'll need a train load of luck to get my master plan done

03 March 2005
hi chief! Good luck and hope to see you among the "I did it on time" guys

03 March 2005
The Alpha

Just a little something that came to mind... will refine it. Still deciding on what to make the little soldiers (bored of the human race a bit ) Anyhow they'll probably end up as animal characters in armour..Gotta keep in mind that they'll need need to rely heavily on textures so I can get a lot of em in there. Still need to place the main master somewhere...I'd prefer a crowd running out but I'm not sure I can waste the time on scetchin them.

03 March 2005

Wolf soldier sketch....

03 March 2005
Not submiting it yet ....the main sktetch still has to evolve a bit....I'll let it simmer for a bit

03 March 2005
Hi Gregory.........Nice to see you in for some fun and action......

I see you moved forward quite quickly,quite an involved idea............

I'll be watching for your progress,and hope to give you a good extra set of eyes and a good cheering section......Good luck and have fun Gregory.....

03 March 2005

Update.. a new angle that hopefully gives a better view at what the heck is going on...Hopefully I'll expand the battlefield once I make my new 3d minions

Viruoso it's an honour to see you here Can't wait to see what polygons are cooking in your pot for this challenge .

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: Sacrifice

The first draft...A man in a strange land. Enslaved by one of the fighting civilizations is forced to help them in their battle. Characters still in rough developement..

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: Wolf soldier concept

Concept of one of the soldiers. Decided to stray from the all human concept, the furs gonna fly this time

03 March 2005
Damn my bad...I guess I'll have to update by the challenge page ONLY ...No need to flood you people here

03 March 2005
Modeling: Wolf soldier,,,getting his next dimension

First steps to bring a wolf soldier to life

03 March 2005
Thumbs up

A good start. Nice job sketching out your idea.

03 March 2005
slow down, I know that the deadlin eis tough, but come on, give me a chance
but seriously, nice idea, I hope you will manage to finish it!

Thread Closed share thread