Master and Servant 3D Entry: Danni Coy

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2005
Texturing: to 3D paint or not to 3D paint

So far everything has been modelled and UVed in Wings3d.... Ended up using Blender to do some 3D textures which turned out to be workable. So far I have done Colour and spec Maps for the two characters - lets see If I can get some more done before the deadline.... Anyways this has been a huge learning experience

05 May 2005
Lighting: Think I am going Mental

Moving well out from my comfort zone of modelling... The last two weeks have been a crash course in Rigging/Skinning/Boneing I have chosen blender because it is readily available and I know I can get the Deformed Mesh out into another Program depending on what I decide to render with.

Ok Just got back from a friends place we were able to experiment on a lighting rig using Mental Ray... I like the results thus far.... You get to see the results and not the rig at the moment... Anyways it involves to spots and some HDRI based lighting.... The skins have an SSS texture on them but it does not seem to make much difference - I like this lighting rig but it is by no means locked in for the final

05 May 2005
Rendering: Rendered Stupid

Back in Dorrigo... Wondering how I am going to get up and running with Mental Ray in the next 3 Days.... I happened to remember Yafray this morning so I am trialling it this morning :)

05 May 2005
Waaaaahhhhhhhh

I tried to Upload my remaining milestones for the last half hour of the competion and found that everything was timing out - might be my crappy modem. Anyways My final images is hung upload is hung at 40%.... Anyways Just in Case you don't see it any other ways here is my final image ....

I need a good cry WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHH HHHHHH

07 July 2005
i think that within all renders, this would be my favorite, good models but in other renders stuff looks flat and too shiny, and also this one`s camera angle is better, shows of the weight of the models as well

[QUOT
E=KayosIII]

Moving well out from my comfort zone of modelling... The last two weeks have been a crash course in Rigging/Skinning/Boneing I have chosen blender because it is readily available and I know I can get the Deformed Mesh out into another Program depending on what I decide to render with.

Ok Just got back from a friends place we were able to experiment on a lighting rig using Mental Ray... I like the results thus far.... You get to see the results and not the rig at the moment... Anyways it involves to spots and some HDRI based lighting.... The skins have an SSS texture on them but it does not seem to make much difference - I like this lighting rig but it is by no means locked in for the final[/QUOTE]

07 July 2005
Talking

The Design Like Slipknot.
I Like It.

07 July 2005
Thumbs up

Good, I'm new here.
I need it.

07 July 2005
Smile

I have same feeling...

07 July 2005
Thanks guys for the feedback.
The one render you guys liked wasn't actually done by me. But by somebody much more experienced. So thats what I get when somebody who knows what they are doing renders it thats also why I did not use this as a final image.

I actually like the blue cast image the most (the one you picked is a bit cartoony for my taste).

07 July 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread