Master and Servant 3D Entry: Simon Barsky

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #1
Master and Servant 3D Entry: Simon Barsky

Simon Barsky has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Modeling: Beast Update

Here is an update. I've really got to start going faster!

Last edited by Synthesizer : 04 April 2005 at 03:21 AM.

Old 03 March 2005   #2
Hi all,
This is my first challenge and I am a bit unclear as to what is required to be submitted using that submit entry page on CG networks. Could someone please explain this or point me to where I can find it out? Thanks.

Old 03 March 2005   #3
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/masterandservant/instructions.php

Hope this answers your questions

good luck to you

Master & Servant

my site

Old 03 March 2005   #4
I saw that before but I guess I didnt read over it good enough I found the info I needed, thanks! Good luck to you too.

Old 03 March 2005   #5
Concept Sketch: Overall Concept Sketch

This is the overall concept for my entry. It is a blind guy taking his seeing eye beast out for a walk. I'm not very good at drawing, so I hope this makes sense. I hope to get some detail sketches for the characters up tomorrow.

Old 03 March 2005   #6
Concept Sketch: Beast Head

Here is a sketch of what I am thinking the beast's head might look like. I think I might leave the eyes white like this, I think that might go well with the "seeing eye beast" idea. Please let me know what you think. :)

Old 03 March 2005   #7
Concept Sketch: Beast Side

Hmm, well it seems no one is interested in commenting on my idea. Here is a sketch of the beast from the side. I think I will start modeling now. Any comment or critic would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03 March 2005   #8
Modeling: Beast Head Model

Here is the start of the head model.

Old 03 March 2005   #9
youve got some great concepts, good luck modelling that guy

nothing to critiques yet, but ill be back when you have some more updated modelling renders

what program(s) are you going to be using?

Old 03 March 2005   #10
Hi tdawg217. Thanks for the encouragement I'll be posting some more pics tomorrow. I am using Maya right now, and I might use Zbrush later on for adding more detail, but I havent had much of a chance to use it and get used to it yet.

Old 03 March 2005   #11
Modeling: Beast Head

Here is the rough version of the head. I want to get the overall shape done before I start detailing. Let me know what you think of it so far.

Old 03 March 2005   #12
That's looking great Simon. Keep it up

Maybe you could make his mouth and nose base a bit broader to make him more evil looking?

Old 03 March 2005   #13
Hi man

Will u use Zbrush for the detail, i think it could be a great model for that? I don't know but z artist can agree ?

I just want to see the next spet man

Old 03 March 2005   #14
nice work

i like the concept sketches, the beast is cool, especially the 3/4 view. i like the beginnings of the model too, nurbs or polys? (i'm also working in maya). one of my ideas was to model grendel (from the story beowulf) and it's mother, but this was way beyond the scope of my abilities and creativity, but that's kind of what your creature reminds me of, a grendel type of beast crossed with a gorrila i hope that's ok. keep it up, and good luck!

-loren

Old 03 March 2005   #15
Concept is interesting. Block the composition in 3d so we can see were your going with it.
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeot0dj/alleyne3d

Thread Closed share thread