Master and Servant 3D Entry: Gerard Jaran

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #31
hey, nice concept.. and good start on the modelling..
texturing too!, damn that's quick. the clothes are really well done..

THE HEIST // SPECTACULAR 3D
WISH LIST // MASTER AND SERVANT CHALLENGE

Old 03 March 2005   #32
Thumbs up

hullo arlutik....an ironic and a unque concept... .........those puppets look creepy ....good job on the modeling....2 thumbs up for u mate !

Old 03 March 2005   #33
Modeling: Diablo Update

This is where I'm at so far on Diablo, still have his suit, cape and fork to do.
Just a little update and break ;) .....
.... ok break is over I'm going back to my puppet.

Thanks to everyone and their comments.

Master & Servant

my site

Old 03 March 2005   #34
Texturing: Diablo Finished

Wow, I finally finished him. It's 8 in the morning here I think I should go to bed. And tomorrow, well another puppet. Hmmmm wich sshould I do this time?

Master & Servant

my site

Old 03 March 2005   #35
Hey Gerard,
2 down , how many more to go? Good job on the Diablo puppet, you are making great progress.

Old 03 March 2005   #36
not much to say... cool concept, i like it!! good luck!

Old 03 March 2005   #37
Mike, 4 to go for now but if I have time I'll do more.

Master & Servant

my site

Old 03 March 2005   #38
Lightbulb Hi there

To speak frankly, revolting antagonist's identity as the "diablo" makes its effect weaker. I think I understand the scene in your mind. Maybe giving the identity of "diabolic one" rather than the "diablo" itself supports more of your idea.

I mean I can imagine the people reading about the "diablo" thing and saying "...oh! well, if this one is satan, since we would expect every bad thing from it, this can be happen everytime, and maybe happening already in somewhere of the world..." funny but hmm.... Could I explain it? No?

Well another way of telling. If we are staring at magazine covers in a bookstore, if we see "superman hauls up a large bus" we say in our minds >maybe unintentionally< "...well, nothing unusual, just because he's superman and its his habit" and our attention distracts. Instead, I would more interested in a picture which portrays a primary school kid whom lifting the bus by himself.

Anyway, your modelling skills are good. And you are fast. I am thinking of visiting your page time to time. I wonder the result.

Old 03 March 2005   #39
Hmm, I think I agree with kuzgunoglu. If the puppets were portrayed as evil to begin with, the idea loses a bit of of its impact. I think the concept might be a bit more original if the puppets were tired of being mistreated and decided to rebel, to save themselves, rather then just because they are evil. I dunno, which ever way you decide to go I think this will look pretty good

Old 03 March 2005   #40
Really nice pic you have, esp like your concept work with the character studios bone man, gives a nice feel of movement there. The concept is really nice, and i really enjoyed it alot. Good luck on your work!

Old 03 March 2005   #41
Wouhahah guys, you see a devil and you start to see EVIL, heheh. Don't worry they are only turning their puppeteer into a puppet and freeing themself. Why I did a Diablo is because I'm doing the classic "Marionette" the ones your great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great parents use to go see in the street of Europe. The classic and there's a devil in the bunch, I want my scene to look like a 17th century puppetshow. Now I'm working on "Harlequin" , I want to do 6 puppets before I start the puppet stage (who will have candles to light the show no electricity) and then the puppeteer a big man kinda like the one in "Pinocchio" (might even make him "Pinocchio" that is, classic look). After "Harlequin" I'm gonna do "Colombine", I did "Diablo" second cause I felt like it (well was looking at the reference photos I found of "Marionette" and saw "Diablo" suit and wanted to modelise it) and because I need that fork to hold the puppeteer down while the others put strings on him. I hope I will have time to make more then 6 puppets, cause I want to make some that hold scisors to cut their own strings and be free.

Master & Servant

my site

Old 03 March 2005   #42
Modeling: Harlequin

Well another one done, "Harlequin". Next i will do "Colombine" but first I need to sleep worked all night again (it's 9 am gotto sleep"

Thx for all your comments.

3 down, 3 to go and I start the stage and puppeteer.

Master & Servant

my site

Old 03 March 2005   #43
Modeling: Colombine start

Here's a little update, I started Colombine.
She's pretty ruff but I'll try to have her finish tomorrow

Master & Servant

my site

Old 03 March 2005   #44
great progress, puppetmaster, and very fast! my only suggestion on her is to break up the symetry on her a bit, but i think you already have that on your plan...
Keep it up mate, very original and cool work!

Old 03 March 2005   #45
Modeling: Colombine Update

Little update, she's taking for ever. Like you must of all notice I do my modeling and textureing at the same time. I'm trying to keep the style of the puppet simple and naive, and will make the puppeteer as real as I can. Up to know have beeen using only for mask for texturing the rest is all shaders. Ok going back to do her dress, thx all for the comments, it's really appreciated.

Master & Servant

my site

Thread Closed share thread