Master and Servant 3D Entry: Mike Moir

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Looking good Mike. Very nicely rendered too. Keep it up.

03 March 2005
Looking good mike. nice archutectual design and lighting. No crits

In the year 4016...

03 March 2005
• Great update Mike!, What about some colored vitrals to bring more dramatism, or maybe a volumetric light beam coming from top, some candles also may help! , Modeling is very good, but bring some baroque columns to increase detail in the building

03 March 2005
Texturing: Starting to Texture the models

I added the one large Chair and put in the dummy person. Also textured everything with colors to get an idea as to the colors. Played with the light fixtures textures. Any comments or crits let me know.

Last edited by mmoir : 03 March 2005 at 03:36 AM.

03 March 2005
Man you're speeding through this! I can really feel the mood of your scene already. Are you going for a evening setting or a morning setting?

03 March 2005
Mike

WOW, this looking better and better every time, like I said before it's grandiose the only but I have is I really prefered the shadow you got on the image you posted on the 03-29-2005, 01:34 PM but thats just me. Great work mate.

Master & Servant

my site

03 March 2005
The mood in the image is really great, this is going to be good stuff! Good luck to you!
Spectacular
Master and Servant
Grand Space Opera
---------------------------

03 March 2005
Hey
jarvetu-thanks
arlutik- I am still playing with the lighting , we shall see .
keetmun- havent decided about the time of day , I just want some light to shine on the cross and somewhere close to the guy kneeling. I am thinking later in the day though.
Climax- once I found out what vitrals are , yes I will be adding stained glass to the existing window openings and may add another window below the existing window. I was thinking of adding a few statues on the large squared column to the left of the scene too.

03 March 2005
great work so far Mike!

There is only one thing which I don't like. Bigger conttrast between the lighten and darken areas should be there... I think it would add a nice mood and a bit mysterious spirit.. now it's too bright. Also some volumentaric light would be a nice idea I think

03 March 2005
Smile

hullo mike... everytime is visit here its getting better and detailed! ....i like the idea arturro mentioned about the volumetric rays! ...could bring a beautifull mood!...how about fading the light towards the top but not totaly dark!

03 March 2005
Look forward to seeing more. Looks like a lot of radiosity and volumetric lighting will be needed for this one. I like approach. Keep it up.

04 April 2005
Yeah, now thats coming along fantastically. I am sure this is going to be one awesome entry. GJ Mike!

04 April 2005
Texturing: Stain glass

Here is a close up of the stain glass window . This is just a quick hand painting I did of a stained glass window of an image I got off the web. It is not highly detailed but the final stain glass window in the final isn't that big so this should do. What do you think.

04 April 2005
Lighting: Update Lighting and composition

I added the stain glass window and changed the view a little , I raised the camera a little . I added the pews in the foreground, they are just dummy pews right now to see if the pews worked in the scene. I spent some more time trying to get a little better lighting. What do you guys think.

04 April 2005
Its starting to remind me of a church I sometimes go to back home. Nice job, the stain glass looks good, but could you show a close up with the lighing?

In the year 4016...

Thread Closed share thread