Master and Servant 3D Entry: Mike Moir

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #46
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the comments. Yunisirees, what do you mean exactly by "curvings" ?

Old 03 March 2005   #47
I think he means more curves on your geometry, because now it looks a bit too squarish, Maybe more of those giant pillars will help.\

Keep going! It's looking very promising!

Old 03 March 2005   #48
Modeling: Update Sanctuary Arched Ceiling

I didn't spend much time today on this but I did get the arched ceiling started. I will try to add some more curved areas to the image . Comments and crits appreciated.

Old 03 March 2005   #49
mike, that's looking great--keep it coming.

Master and Servant Challenge

Old 03 March 2005   #50
Smile

yup...keetmun pretty much said it right... ....and i see ur already on ur way adding details ....keep hacking away at the polygons mike .... !

Old 03 March 2005   #51
Thumbs up

WB man, I expect good things from you.. and it would seem you are already off to a running start! GJ I'll be back.. I promise

Old 03 March 2005   #52
great design.. reminds me of Rome..
keep it up

THE HEIST // SPECTACULAR 3D
WISH LIST // MASTER AND SERVANT CHALLENGE

Old 03 March 2005   #53
Being an architect all my life i can appreaciate this as much as anyone....I am allowed.

I like the lines and the classical layout...the plan is coming along just fine Mike...Keep bringing it as you are....well done!

Old 03 March 2005   #54
Hey all,
Thanks for the comments , I am an architectural illustrator but I just draw/model what the architect/designer puts down on paper. So I am far from sure of myself when creating something like this. I should have another update soon.

Old 03 March 2005   #55
Wow, the sense of the scenery beeing gigantic is surly there. Really nice details modelled into the scene so far. Really clean, and i bet that with some hard work this will turn out to beacome really good.

Old 03 March 2005   #56
Modeling: Update To Sanctuary

Here is the latest update, I added the column to the top left corner change the stain glass window(arched top),added more curverd areas and the large cross. I just have to add things like tall altar candles, chair hanging lights . I also have to duplicate the complete left wall and place it on the right side. Now I either start texturing this or model the figures. Comments and crits appreciated.

Last edited by mmoir : 03 March 2005 at 06:38 PM.

Old 03 March 2005   #57
wow ! cool work !

morreee.. =)
now with the textures.. hehe
c ya !

Old 03 March 2005   #58
cool lighting i like a lot your concept

Old 03 March 2005   #59
Great idea, by the looks of your modeling so far I think this is shapeing up to be a very dramatic and powerful scene, can wait to see it how it fleshes out.

Old 03 March 2005   #60
Lighting: Preliminary Lighting test

I added some interior light fixtures,candle stands and a tabernacle. I enclosed the sanctuary by putting up some exterior walls with some windows openings to let in outside light.
I need to make the lighting more contrasting but this is a start, any tips on lighting would be appreciated.

Thread Closed share thread