Master and Servant 3D Entry: Mike Moir

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #31
good idea, i like your concept. go with the 1st one. itll have a stronger effect.

Old 03 March 2005   #32
Hi, mike. it's a tough call between the two concepts. The first one has the promise of some really dramatic architecture, but i think the second one has the potential to be more emotive, and more expressive. personally i think i prefer the second one. i'll be watching to see whcih one you pick, and where you go with it...

Master and Servant Challenge

Old 03 March 2005   #33
Smile

hi there just introducing a new face ! those two concept sketches are good one with ambiance and power and the other with innocense and humblness.... how about a merge of the two can bring some suprising results ....... imo

Old 03 March 2005   #34
Concept Sketch: Concept decided and update

I have decided to go with this concept , it is updated from the first version. This is roughly the viewpoint I am after for the final image. I will start modeling the sanctuary and model the figures last . This is just a quick modeling in Carrara and then using a mix of Toon and Realistic render settings. The guy is going to have arms this is just a quick model.
I still may do the other concept but I will do it in the 2d challenge as I need to learn how to draw in the computer better.

Last edited by mmoir : 03 March 2005 at 04:53 PM.

Old 03 March 2005   #35
Modeling: Starting to model

Just starting to model the sanctuary of the church. Sort of making this up as I go , have a few references though. Let me know if I am making any big mistakes.

Old 03 March 2005   #36
Hi there Mike, If you go with the church idea, I think that the first camera angle was better. As Virtuoso said it gave more drama and emotions. It was less personal maybe, but I liked it more than this one. Hope not to confuse you too much

Old 03 March 2005   #37
Wow! Wait for us Mike we are friends remember ??

Old 03 March 2005   #38
Fine choice.........Nice to see polys come up and come to life mike.....keep hammering away with it....I like the new abgel,it stil has a dramatic view point.....

Old 03 March 2005   #39
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the comments , Arturro, I will keep it in mind as I can change this once I am done modeling everything and play with the composition more.

Old 03 March 2005   #40
Hey this is the good side of the master&servant relationship...Mine is the evil side!!! For such a concept as yours, the lighting is the most important part I think, waiting for your lightings...KEep good work goin'!!!

Old 03 March 2005   #41
this is quiet an exquisite idea you have here.. good luck dude

-= Man with One Chopstick , Go Hungry =-

Old 03 March 2005   #42
Modeling: Update to Sanctuary model

I did some more on the Sanctuary model, I am thinking of doing vaulted or an arched ceiling/roof although you won't see much of it in the final but I think it would add to the look. Any comments are appreciated.

Old 03 March 2005   #43
Mike wow this is grandiose, I like the scene. I like how you place your shadows.

Master & Servant

my site

Old 03 March 2005   #44
lookin good dude.!! very nice and very clean update on your model...

-= Man with One Chopstick , Go Hungry =-

Old 03 March 2005   #45
Smile

hey mmoir ....the architectural stuff is coming out great .....i was wondering if ur going to add curvings of any sort...keep building away!!

Thread Closed share thread