Master and Servant 3D Entry: Anthony Ray Hollis

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #31
hahaha, way kewl! lol, seen it too, and like the idea a lot, go for it! great sketchingstyle, makes me very curious to see it come to 3d rock it!

Old 03 March 2005   #32
Looking good so far Anthony haha, i can assure you I was no where near your wife i was busy working on my challenge! hehe.

Maybe you can flesh out that he is a thief by having a few coins and jewels falling out of his pocket and on the ground around the amulet like he had to make a quick escape, but then he dropped his most prized object and had to go get it. Just an idea.

The modeling is looking good so far, kind of early on so there isn't too much to critique. I'll keep watching this thread though!

Shaykai

Master & Servant CGtalk challenge entry

Old 03 March 2005   #33
Red face

Geta-Ve - Yeah it is kinda early, just wanted to get something else out there under the modeling milestones

the1st_angel - Im defintely going to try!

Shaykai - Wow the idea about the coins is an excellent idea LOL I can see that, very cool thanks. Im hoping to get pretty far today and this weekend since Im off work until monday so it should be a super productive four days

"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it."

Old 03 March 2005   #34
Modeling: Character - Thief ( Head v02)

Just making more headway (no pun intended) on the Master character. I just love modeling characters :) ... Im still roughing him out though, I want him to have a sterotypical theif look to him, big nose, ears, etc. Still fleshing it out so time well tell....gotta push more polies.

"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it."

Last edited by Kid-Mesh : 03 March 2005 at 03:31 AM.

Old 03 March 2005   #35
Modeling: Character - Thief ( Head v03)

Still fleshing the base, this will proably be my last update for this guy until after I model the ears, eyes and neck. Afterwards I can really start to play with the poly landscape and shape him out how I want.

Last edited by Kid-Mesh : 03 March 2005 at 03:31 AM.

Old 03 March 2005   #36
hmmmm. Id seriously consider doing the hair/goatee as a seperate object, instead of directly extruded from the face. would be easier later on to texture me thinks, and remodel if neccessary..

Right now I dont know if im liking the nose too much, especially when you look at the concept. he has that real "stoney" type face going on, and then the model seems to be too soft and poofy, if that makes sense?

Also I see that in the reference you have the top of his head wider than the bottom, but you switched that around in the modelling phase.. I dunno, I kind of liked the reference proportions better.

anyways, this is all here say I think as its still very early in the game

Definatly keep up the good work man!

Old 03 March 2005   #37
Talking

Im feeling the same way about the goatee as well, thank God for incremental saves. I may just do it as a seperate object and see what happens plus im not really feeling it atm. In regards to the concept versus what I have now and the soft versus stoney look, your dead on. Man I could spend hours playing with this thing because its so much fun, but Im going to model the rest of it first and then go back and adjust accordingly. When Im done it should be fairly close to the concept. (The head that is)

Thanks!

Old 03 March 2005   #38
Hi there Anthony.......Well thats quite a cool and fun concept.....I like the predicament they are in......cool idea.......nice start on the modeling,looks like a nice clean start and your off on the fastlane.......i'll be watching for more....

Old 03 March 2005   #39
very nice so far and quite unsusual for this contest. I like it very much

Old 03 March 2005   #40
Hey Kidmesh *grin*
This head looks awfully similar to the other head you made a while back... which looks awfully similar to that tutorial I saw... lol, what are you doing Kidmesh?

sup bro, I completely forgot about the collab project--my whole moving to santa cruz got the hell out of hand. I was so busy, and my computer was all over the place, that my entry in this challenge is the first art of any kind that I've done in probably 6 or 7 weeks.

good luck buddy, I'll be keepin' a watch on you.

Old 03 March 2005   #41
Modeling: Character - Thief (Head v04)

Well I decieded to go back to a previously saved version before I modeled the beard. The only real update is the ears that Im still fighting with atm based on my concept art. Im not really sure I want to make his ears that big :) because the character will definetly end up being stylized...Anyway, still have a lot to tweak so time will tell.

Last edited by Kid-Mesh : 03 March 2005 at 03:32 AM.

Old 03 March 2005   #42
Red face

Gremlin - Hey Gremlin long time no hear from, hope everything went well with your move. Yeah the collab thing didnt really work out but it has been revamped by Madkarma and AJE. Under the name The Gabriel Strain and thus far they are making awesome progress.

This head is not the same that you saw back when we were doing the collab that's for sure, Im currently trying to follow the concept art that I created for this contest. But hey, what would be interesting is if you could link what tutorial your speaking of because it may help me with this beard issue.

Good luck with your entry, I'll be watching.

Old 03 March 2005   #43
Lookin' good Kidmesh. Not sure if I'm going to enter this one or not. I'm busy with Uni j/k. This doesn't look like any model of yours I've seen before. It's your style to be sure, but the same model based on a tutorial? Riiiight I'd like to see that tutorial myself. A modeling tute of a head with African American features based on your drawing style. I've gotta see that.

Old 03 March 2005   #44
Modeling: Character - Thief (Head v05)

Well, the face is slowly starting to come around to what I want. I remodeled the beard and this proably wont be the last time I tweak it. But I took Geta-Ve's advice a went on with the seperate object concept. Oh yeah and I shrank the nose as well :)

Hopefully by saturday I can get started modeling the body....but It's time to crash for now.

Old 03 March 2005   #45
Love him... his expression and the way he looks tells me hes a thug and a theif ( a bad dude)
i REALLY cant wait to see the body

Thread Closed share thread