Master and Servant 3D Entry: George Kiparissous

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2005
Thanks a lot for your comments.... The only texture that is close to final is the painting's icy look... i am not sure but i kind of like the soft feeling of the dresses too... will experiment further once i have a little more time...

Thanks again fo your comments...

My online portfolio

05 May 2005
The latest camera angle is much better, & I think the composition wants to be a portrait aspect so perhaps you could try that & zoom into the characters more (so the dress fills the bottom-right of the frame maybe). Something you could try to speed up the cloth folds modelling is to run a load of simulations on low-ish res meshes & then smooth & tweak them afterwards (I used some quick sims to make the cloth in mine). Regarding lighting, what about having an upturned lamp on the floor near the master so it gives a sinister uplighting effect with a big shadow on the wall around the painting?

05 May 2005
hey mate, no updates for awhile, whats going on ?

05 May 2005
Rendering: Update 1

another one.. not much time for texturing so i tried something less realistic and more stylized... hope you like it... two ligh setups (the second has more lights and GI but i like the first one better i think... I am just rushing to give something in time...

My online portfolio

05 May 2005
Lighting: update2

the second ligh setup... i don't like it too much... too bright...

My online portfolio

05 May 2005
`Mb: about the cloth thing... i will try it out in the next challenge probably but this time i was so filled up in my my work that i didn't have time to test it out... thanks a million for the suggestions... I will try another camera angle and the light under the face... Will post again soon...

eddieellis: Thanks for watching my thread man... The update is here and i will update in a few hours using some of the suggestions mentioned...

My online portfolio

05 May 2005
Post Effects and Compositing: compositing

some color corection and i almost got the feel i wanted (with the time i had and all the crashes)....

My online portfolio

05 May 2005
Post Effects and Compositing: compositing

some color corection and i almost got the feel i wanted (with the time i had and all the crashes)....

My online portfolio

05 May 2005
Final Image: the final

some slight changes in textures and shadows and this is the final image... Hope you like it and i hope you enjoyed this as much as i did...

My online portfolio

05 May 2005
I just dropped by to thank all the people that posted in this thread and pushed me to, at least, finish this challenge (even though i wanted to make more of it, the cirmustances held me back)...

Thanks a million my friends

(arturro, mmoir, kotsos, bardakos, identity, h3rbie, dimitris liatsos, versiden, 007cat, nebezial, the 1st angel, sergiokomic, tremoside, s.dimids, alex.h, crazydesign, cryinghorn, gulliver3, `mb and eddieellis...)

and i wish you all good luck with the challenge and all....

Have fun.....

My online portfolio

05 May 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread