Master and Servant 3D Entry: Diego Velasco-De Armas

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2005
Lighting: still lighting

Better/clearer drawing on the kid´s hands, plus I think that I have it pretty close to what I want lighting-wise in the tunnel. All the shadows in the image should be raytraced/soft shadows, not quite sure if I´m going to have the time to do that. Now I´m going to paint some smoke.

DREAMSCAPE
/ TJB! / M&S
/ Spectacular + WIP / Steampunk

05 May 2005
Post Effects and Compositing: adding details in comp

I´m starting to be really happy with my image. I can see the final piece taking shape (which is about time anyway!). Details to do: 1) better texture/details in bed area, 2) texture on the monster (bump map), 3) more reflection on the ground, 4) bump up the batman poster, 5) eye of the creature, 6) detailing the pants, and 7) fixing the hand. If I manage to do all of this before the deadline, I will be content ;).

DREAMSCAPE
/ TJB! / M&S

05 May 2005
Diego,

wonderful job! You´re very close to finishing your entry!

I love what you´ve done with the cave and the red dust/ smoke. The warm colours and organic shapes of the cave/ monster provide a good contrast against the straight lines and organization of the boy´s bedroom. A couple of things strike me though as slightly off (and I may be wrong, and in that case, disregard my comments) -

- the boy´s left shoulder seems a little shorter, even though we know he´s shrugging. It may be the perspective, but perhaps if you lower the shoulder a tiny bit, or rotate his left arm a tad, this problem will be fixed;

- the diameter of the lamp by the drawing table seems a little too large.

Other than that, sensacional, espetacular!

Beijos e boa sorte!

05 May 2005
Wicked! good luck with the final Diego!

toe2toe

my 3d prints

05 May 2005
Good update. This smoke really improve the scene. It´s 2d paint or are a 3d particles?

About the overal composition, I just don´t understand what´s happening in the scene ... The kid invoke a demon to show his drawing? Don´t take me bad .. but my doubts could be same of the judges ...

Só mais 6 horas ... corre, corre, corre.... Quero muito ver essa imagem terminada ...

05 May 2005
Amazing, there's a full of détails in the room. Nice
Good luck.
David.

05 May 2005
Final Image: Final image submission

I´ll upload the TIF, then I´ll post some comments.

DREAMSCAPE
/ TJB! / M&S

05 May 2005
wow, I impressed! very good work
only one crit..I thought that monster's skin will have more details...

Last edited by (o)ne : 05 May 2005 at 10:44 AM.

05 May 2005
yessssssss!

Made it!

Time left: 0 days, 1 hours, 29 minutes, 14 seconds

Damn! Cut it very, very close. So this is the final image. I am very happy with the way it turned out, and especially with the fact that it turned out at all! This challenge was a very interesting experience, I´ll definitely participate in future challenges. With one major diference- I´ll get an early start! I liked the concept of the image, and took the challenge to heart until I finished it. Which means that I pretty much slept about 4 hours a day (if at all) ever since I got in. The image is a depiction of an imaginary confrontation of a boy and his inner demons (here represented by just a big one). The cave in the room is an impossibility (aggravated by the fact that the room is in an apartment), and the smoke (which is painted in 2D, BTW) softens the line between the real and the imaginary. Their relationship is purposefully ambiguous, as are most relationships we have with our darker emotions. I decided not to make a very obvious image to leave some space for interpretation. The picture of the man is pretty much a symbol for something that would invoke the demon of anger. It just had to be simple and direct, and convey the emotion that it was a target for the beast. Anyway, I enjoyed tripping on the idea, and then on the execution. This illustration had a curious effect in that I had a very clear idea of what I wanted right from the start, and continually kept fleshing out the details in my head (even when I wasn´t actually working on it). In the end, the original sketch shows through pretty clearly. Well, I hope you like it.

cheers,

--Diego

DREAMSCAPE
/ TJB! / M&S

05 May 2005
Great image and very magical in it feel

I create therefore I am....

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

05 May 2005
i'm amazed by the concept of ur work... and its also very well done... i like the shape of that demon... very stony but organic. love those smokes and the color difference... very well done.. wish u all the best

05 May 2005
Wonderful work from concept to fulfillment - can't believe I haven't seen this until now...

Congrats and good luck!

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

05 May 2005
Parabéns Diego. O salto na qualidade visual nesses ultimos updates foi incrivel. Gostei muito do resultado final. A iluminação do quarto e as cores melhoraram muito.

Parabéns pelo ótimo trabalho.

Boa sorte.

Ah! Eu finalizei meu trabalho para esse contest tb, se quiser dar uma olhada, o link está na minha assinatura.

05 May 2005
Hey DIego,
Very impressive image, the blending of the 2 worlds is very nicely done . Good luck with this.

05 May 2005
Talking aos 45 do segundo

so you did it!! cool man well done!!! as we say around here in dust we trust!!

Thread Closed share thread