CGTalk > Software Specific Forums > E-on Software Vue
To minimize the ads you see on this page create a CGTalk account and log in HERE
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 07-11-2013, 04:32 AM   #1
Doubloonz
portfolio
USA

Question Adding an atmosphere to an object

I could not find the answer elsewhere so Im hoping someone out there could help me out.

I was wondering if it is possible to add an atmosphere to an object, lets say a planet/sphere.
I know that you can add atmospheres to infinite terrains when using the spherical scene setting, but what if I want to add another planet with an atmosphere within the same scene? I dont think you can have multiple atmospheres because the editor only affects one.

im not sure if this would work, but another way around this would be to just add another infinity terrain and move it away from the origin. unfortunately, I can not find a way to unlock them. they seem to be stuck at the origin, no-matter what I try. and when I add another it just overlaps the first. :/

I really have no clue

***EDIT***

Well I tried using a volumetric material that overlapped the planet to simulate an atmosphere; it is suitable at that render distance and I am pleased with the results. I never would have guessed I would find those results from such a simple solution. I was just looking for a little more control over it similar to the variables in the atmosphere editor, but I guess its good enough. thanks anyways

Last edited by Doubloonz : 07-12-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Old 08-06-2013, 05:40 AM   #2
ShawnDriscoll
Have Render Will Travel

portfolio
Shawn Driscoll
San Diego, USA

Atmospheres only follow the horizon of a scene, whether there is a ground or other objects in a scene. Spherical scenes will curve the atmosphere.

Old 08-06-2013, 05:40 AM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread