Need Advise on Specification for Intended Use

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2012
Question Need Advise on Specification for Intended Use

Hi,

I'm new to the CGSociety and thinking of purchasing Vue Esprit + Deep Access but have a few concerns.

First off my intended use of Vue Esprit;
. For rendering stills only @ 1920x1080p
. Use of obj files; imported primitives (cubes and spheres) with my own optimized textures (512x512p) for interior environments.
. Use of low res characters (DAZ Studio 4 and Poser2010) import obj with 1000x1000p textures - no more than four characters per scene.
. Use of Landscapes and characters (as above)!

Software:
Vue 10 Esprit + Deep Access

And now for my system specs: {takes deep breath}
. O/S: Windows XP 32 SP2 (with some of SP3)
. RAM: 2 Gig (have concerns about this)
. CPU: Quad Core 3.5
. 3 x Seagate 7,200 (C:\Prog 250gig, Audio\250gig, Audio+Libraries\1.TB)
. Graphics: ATi Radeon X1550 (have concerns about this)
. M/B: Abit IP35 Pro

Since i be only doing stills (NO Animation) I figured I might be able to get away with creating scenes that uses mostly low res textures. So basically keeping files lean as can be without too much compromise in quality.

I've been using Bryce for many years without much issue and want to jump aboard the Vue wagon, I'm very impressed with the scenes that can be done in Vue. I do intend to upgrade my system in the near future (budget permitting) but have other software I use for pro audio production handling on average 50+ tracks + a boat load of plugins though this software is getting old it runs rock solid and has served me well. To update my system specs now (depending on extent) may also require me to update all my other software. That is why I'm waiting it out until my budget permits a complete upgrade/update!

I read min system requirements (e-on; Vue) correct me if I'm wrong; 2gig min. Although that is min' I hope my current specs is enough ((for what I intend to do; see above)) using Vue 10 Esprit.

I appreciate advise/opinions. Thanks!

09 September 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread