The Suggestions Forum

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

12 December 2012
Thumbs up 3D-Coat application-specific forum

Hi

Ty adding 3D-Coat to the program list.

Could we have a "3D-Coat" forum ?

The community is growing fast and to have an application-specific forum here will be great !

TY !!!

12 December 2012
Some design fixes...

Greetings.
I've made some screenshots:

Can someone fix CODE|HTML|PHP wrapper layout?
If there shown 4 or more rows of text and one of them 'extra long' - vertical scrollbar appears, but there only 2 pixels hidden.
example:
1 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And if look precisely message area with such field slightly wider (user area, with avatar, slightly thinner) it's caused by same bug.

Seems like inline style
element.style{
}
wrong calculated.

QUOTE style differs.

(You can look at it in http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=7457358 thread)

WYSIWYG also out of border...

"Welcome bar" (Welcome to CGTalk! etc) looks messy (no padding or margins).

And quick menu at the bottom slides weird (narrow screen -> normal -> extra wide)

It'll be great to make links SEF. There are many ways to do that on vbulletin (beginnig with brute mod_rewrite).

Last edited by S-ed : 12 December 2012 at 05:33 PM.

12 December 2012
Originally Posted by S-ed: Greetings.
I've made some screenshots:

Thanks S-ed, this is very useful, i'll try and work my way through these tweaks. the forums is a very old beast, and many of these issues relate to the original code.
we have been discussing Friendly URLs recently too, so hopefully we can get that working soon.

thanks again.

12 December 2012
Wink Thanks...i hope.

I'm not so good in english but i think this most closest idiom to what I can tell on Russian:
Quote: put your money where your mouth is
It's the best reward for me. (don't take it personally =))

BTW
New version of vBulletin (5 Connect) comes out, You've should check it out (actually, I haven't yet, and there are a lot of mods on forum). I think price not too high (upgrade 209$ and brand removal 169$).

I'm here from 2002, and this is my 12's post. Maybe i'm lazy to write, maybe cause of my poor english knowledge, most of time i'm reading/watching. But even so, i think it have to be in pleasure to use interface, it should be friendly, flexible and robust (I love usability). Forum - tool, it's made to serve users. Course, flaws i've mentioned above - small. But there are lot of stuff that can make editing and viewing more comfortable (like Ajax edit forms, jQuery galleries/lightboxes). IMHO.

p.s.: i'm not vBulletin staff >_< but it's good enough in my opinion
p.p.s: today js not loading - edit bar not working =/

Last edited by S-ed : 12 December 2012 at 05:43 PM.

01 January 2013
Question CGtalk app

Hi dear CGtalkers

I havent been for years on this forum I really like... But´I am going back not only for that suggestion, that maybe has been already posted:

It can be usefull to find Cgtalk on tablet as an app, (if not already done?) personnally I am using an Ipad, and for sure I would get this app without a doubt, because the internet s navigators are not so great as on a personnal computer on my way.

By the way happy to be here again, I am looking for tuition... Lets move to the right place to cg'talk about it.

Regards

Jeremy Belly

01 January 2013
Hello Jeremy
Welcome Back!! We have a series of upgrades planned for this year that will bring the CGSociety world onto mobile devices. We have been concentrating heavily on tuition which you can check out at CGWorkshops if you haven't done so already. We also will be releasing a new Training on Demand product very shortly so stay tuned.

02 February 2013
pages from my sketchpad

Hey there,

Why don't you guys put up a "pages from my sketchpad" thread? I've searched the anatomy and figurative thread but I didn't see any forums or threads like that. If I am mistaken, if people can post their drawings there, then please disregard my post. I am just too shy to post some of my work because of the quality of illustrations here.

Thanks for reading,
Arvin

06 June 2013
I think there should be a way for new users to see the status of their pre-approved messages. It's kinda lame to post and then just see nothing showing up despite checking back after work/gym/etc. It would be a nice tweak to help out new member communication.

06 June 2013
Originally Posted by Nyklaus: I think there should be a way for new users to see the status of their pre-approved messages. It's kinda lame to post and then just see nothing showing up despite checking back after work/gym/etc. It would be a nice tweak to help out new member communication.
Thanks Nyklaus, I like that idea, i maybe a notification once the post is approved.
Hopefully we can work that into an update soon.

03 March 2014
I would suggest adding an off-topic forum, where one could ask anything without spammimg the general discussion forum.

03 March 2014
Smile Concept Art monthly contest

Hi,

I was thinking/planning on organizing a Concept Art monthly contest on the CGSociety. I already have a Jury member of 6 professional Hollywood concept artists. I will take-up all the rules and regulations, so that, the contests successfully run. Please, give me this opportunity. Take care!

Thanks,
Kaustav

www.imdb.com/name/nm3457720

05 May 2014
Hello.
Just as a suggestion, I think it would be beneficial to add the "Speedpaints and Sketchbooks" sub-forum as its own forum.
Right now, because its a sub-forum of the 2D WIP forum, it's very hard to find.
I think that making it into its own forum could bring more traffic to it.

05 May 2014
Tapatalk would be great!

I'd also like to echo this request for Tapatalk support. It really is conducive to joining in forums whilst on the move.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...hlight=tapatalk

Cheers

06 June 2014
Originally Posted by Tomas73: I'd also like to echo this request for Tapatalk support. It really is conducive to joining in forums whilst on the move.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...hlight=tapatalk

Cheers
Hi Tomas, unfortunately we need to upgrade the forums for it to be compatible with tapatalk, and this is not a simple task. hopefully we can get the forums mobile friendly soon.

06 June 2014
Originally Posted by Keenly: Hi Tomas, unfortunately we need to upgrade the forums for it to be compatible with tapatalk, and this is not a simple task. hopefully we can get the forums mobile friendly soon.

Hi Keenly,

is there a way to have the default main forum to be collapsed into tabs?

I see that we can contract the sub forums, but i go to 3ds max forum alot so alot of scrolling!

reply share thread