The Suggestions Forum

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 05 May 2012   #46
Hello Lenin
Thank you for your suggestion. We have been looking at ways to provide some services in languages other than English for some time and Spanish is on the top of the list. Your suggestion has raised the topic for more discussion and we are looking at ways we can incorporate it into some new education products we are developing.

Cheers

Andrew

Old 06 June 2012   #47
could we have a "Unity" forum? I think with 1 million declared developers, it's worth lunching a new section. Yes it's not a traditional static CG tool, but mediums are merging and it's becoming a giant, besides we already have a "game related" forum, so I really don't see why we don't have a Unity section in 2012?

Old 06 June 2012   #48
Originally Posted by royterr: could we have a "Unity" forum? I think with 1 million declared developers, it's worth lunching a new section. Yes it's not a traditional static CG tool, but mediums are merging and it's becoming a giant, besides we already have a "game related" forum, so I really don't see why we don't have a Unity section in 2012?

I would strongly suggest that you send a message to our gaming development sister site Game Artist - http://www.game-artist.net/forums/

cheers,
BEN

Old 06 June 2012   #49
1 image upload limit?

I guess it would be nice to see a bit clearer guideline for submissions. The one with Jessica Alba seems outdated is all. Or in my instance didnt realize adding 2 images to the gallery would be considered "flooding". A warning would have been nice.

Thanks.
Albuquerque, NM, USA

Last edited by Dharroun : 06 June 2012 at 05:22 PM.

Old 06 June 2012   #50
How about a section for blatant self promotion?

I just started a kickstarter, and I was looking for the appropriate place to put a link up here for people to check out. After not finding anything, I was gonna just throw it in the general discussion section. Then I read the rules of that forum an it pretty clearly says that would be frowned upon.

Even if I weren't trying to plug my own kickstarter, I think it would be cool to have a forum where people can go plug their websites/kickstarters and stuff. Especially with crowd funding getting more and more popular over the last 6 months.

Can I just post about it in the WIP section. Technically it is a project I'm working on. I just don't want to get booted from the boards or ridiculed for putting it in the wrong place or anything.

Old 06 June 2012   #51
Smile Its possible to add 3D-Coat to software list please ?

Hello

When i Manage Gallery adding new images... over Software Used: cant find 3D-Coat -the software that im using-

Can i ask if its possible to add it to the list ?

Ty in advance and regards

Old 06 June 2012   #52
Todos los días, asegúrese de mantener un ojo en su joyería roscado para asegurar que este bien y no se caerá Aunque usted puede ser tentado, ropainterioroutlet trate de no jugar o tocar sus piercings cuando sus manos no han sido vistos con jabón, por lo que entrar en una rutina de este tiempo es temprano!

Nunca girar sus anillos ombligo, anillos de la lengua o cualquier otra cosa que usted pueda usar Asegúrese de obtener Ropa interior un montón de sueño y de arriba para arriba en su vitamina C. Si es absolutamente necesario mojarse, a continuación, evitar el uso de un yeso resistente al agua para cubrir la perforación. Si obtiene un montón de dolor en las primeras etapas, a hombres Ropa interior continuación, no tenga miedo de dab un poco de hielo en el área afectada ya que esto ayudará a reducir la hinchazón y enfriar el dolor o la irritación que puede estar experimentando

Old 07 July 2012   #53
Thumbs up

Last edited by RoundRobbin : 07 July 2012 at 07:19 AM.

Old 08 August 2012   #54
First off, great work with everything here at CGTalk. Really nice!

I'd like to see the software specific area reorganized.

3D Area (Maya, 3DS Max, Blender, Cinema 4D...),
The Sculpting area (ZBrush, Mudbox, etc),
Compositing Area (Nuke, Flame, After Effects...) and the
Editing area (Final Cut, Avid, Premiere...)

I'd like to see CGTalk as this kind of Meca for anything Post-Production.

It would also be really interesting to partner up with a more tradicional film-maker forum (directors, DP, Producers, writers, etc). Or Just create a new one :P
We could get some juices flowing and maybe create interesting projects.

It would also be great if a INDUSTRY section could be created with listing of VFX Houses and the sorts.

Old 08 August 2012   #55
Raise the character length cap on forum signatures.
150 characters is a bit pathetic since you can't fit anything but single sentence -quotes there.

I would suggest instead that you put a limit on the amount of ROWS you can have in your signature: limit it to two. (OR just raise the cap to 250 characters)

Old 08 August 2012   #56
Since there are no other threads in this section, I'll assume it's ok to post here.

When a work gets added to the CG choice galleries, it'd be really helpful and interesting to read a short explanation from the judges about what makes this work really stand out. I notice there have been few posted to that gallery, so some idea of the criteria used to judge them would be most illuminating.

Of course there's always something undefinable about what makes a work really excellent, but the judges' opinion would definitely be an interesting read. Oh, and I don't mean to imply that the judges' decisions are wrong, either; would just like to know how these things are valued.

Old 10 October 2012   #57
On the profile editing page could the text input box be modified to be larger to better format and edit the information? it would be nice if it has similar function and scale to a regular forum post box though simply enlarging it to fill up a size similar to a normal box would be highly appreciated as well.

Old 11 November 2012   #58
I would suggest replacing the Zbrush forum by a "3d painting programs" forum with Zbrush, 3D Coat and Sculptis as sub-forums.

Old 11 November 2012   #59
Originally Posted by earwax69: I would suggest replacing the Zbrush forum by a "3d painting programs" forum with Zbrush, 3D Coat and Sculptis as sub-forums.

"Digital Sculpting software" would be a more suitable name but I agree with you.

Old 11 November 2012   #60
..i propose opening a wing for drawing & inking artists..

and a introduce yourself place.

reply share thread