The Suggestions Forum

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 12 December 2009   #16
Originally Posted by sameergadve: Hi I think we need a Game Environment and other gaming related threads here.

We have the game art design forum: http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39
And we also support http://www.game-artist.net/forums/

Old 01 January 2010   #17
Having a forum that focuses on crowd simulation would be great. I believe there is another software that can do crowds besides Massive. I've been trying to learn Massive myself but there is little to no support online.

Old 01 January 2010   #18
Hi. I like CGTalk a lot. One thing I don't like is the new theme. Granted, it's not important, but I care enough about the site to criticize it. As of tonight, it looks like Wordpress dipped in cocktail sauce. That much saucy red in one place really stands out... and not in a good way.

The background grain looks somewhat ok... though it's kinda basic - like a simple Photoshop noise filter at 30% or so. Surely you can do more with it.

/IANAWD
(I am not a web designer)

Old 03 March 2010   #19
Is simply posting a poll for a forum suggestion enough to gauge users needs?

Hi ... how does the poll work when requesting a new forum in terms of exposure and getting the idea out to the community. I would assume very few people would frequent the > suggestions forum (unless they need something or have a suggestion themselves) so how is it going to be an accurate snapshot on how much interest there would be?

Cheers
Nick

Old 05 May 2010   #20
Hi, I have a question. When I reply to a thread in the showcase galleries I can rate it. But sometimes I forget, and when I try to edit my post the voting form isn't there, and the only way to rate the thread is to make a double post. Is there by any chance another way?

Old 05 May 2010   #21
Originally Posted by FudgePacker: Hi, I have a question. When I reply to a thread in the showcase galleries I can rate it. But sometimes I forget, and when I try to edit my post the voting form isn't there, and the only way to rate the thread is to make a double post. Is there by any chance another way?

This question would have made more sense in the CGSociety Support Forum. But to answer your question, there is a rating drop down at the top of the thread. You don't have to leave a comment to use this.

Old 05 May 2010   #22
Animation Histroy Thread?

How about an animation or film history thread with like all the movie dates, producers, actors/actress, traditional movies and who invented or came up with the idea of effects first etc, maybe people can write quizzes and stuff to test on how much you know or think you know about it all!

Old 06 June 2010   #23
Originally Posted by Rasberry: How about an animation or film history thread with like all the movie dates, producers, actors/actress, traditional movies and who invented or came up with the idea of effects first etc, maybe people can write quizzes and stuff to test on how much you know or think you know about it all!

Sounds like a CGWiki entry, not a thread. In general, if something requires someone to go back and constantly edit a post, the wiki should be used.

Twitter: salmonmoose

Old 08 August 2010   #24
Nonsense

Welcome

I just lost half an hour makes no sense.
I tried to post a new thread.
Only after 30 minutes, Google said that I have to write two posts.

Can you put the "New Topic", and further asked to write two posts?
Is it not better?

I do not know if you censor my work - you can see it in the portfolio.

Yours
mkeruj

Sorry for my poor English

Old 08 August 2010   #25
Not sure if you take suggestions for CGWorkshops, but....

It would be nice to see more texturing workshops. Particularly a good hard surface type texturing class. I think there has only been one real texturing class which was on the human face. The one with Paul Fedor.

www.Nix3d.com

Old 08 August 2010   #26
thoughts

Hi! The site is great & this is the place with the biggest cg community. I think that here we have a lot of useful information...but I miss news for a normal (not Hollywood) level of information & other things that inspire you. The news section is very small & the information in there is some kind of wrong presented. Small boxes with too small info in first view before clicking the link. The way that "Smashing" present their info is very beautiful & handy ... you know is that interesting for you or not on a first side. I'm talking about something like smashing for cg. I'm a member here since 2005 & when I need some inspiration I come here, to see other people's work..but I also go to their site. I don't know much about web, but I relax & inspire myself reading their posts...but there I miss cg stuff. I hope you won't understand me wrong...I like cgsociety...I just share my thoughts

Old 12 December 2010   #27
Birth day Months

Not to complain, but I just registered and there is no month of February. But there are two entries for March.

Old 01 January 2011   #28
Originally Posted by DaveKleve: Not to complain, but I just registered and there is no month of February. But there are two entries for March.

Give it a shot now, should be ok.

Old 03 March 2011   #29
Hi! Why there is no Houdini thread here?

Old 03 March 2011   #30
Why not bring back the Messiah3d forum?

Especially as the 'dare to share' sales was very successful

R

reply share thread