Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 05-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
secretasianman
little blue monster

portfolio
stitch joe
searching

suggestion for forums.

i have read other posts and i know that yall are wanting to change some stuff here at cg talk, i have been pondering a few things and wanted to see what you guys thought of it.

this site has not changed in a long time and has not really been updated. in a way i love it b/c it hasn't b/c its a comfort thing that it is a place that is fond to me. but on the other hand it does feel like it does need some change just for tidiness.

one of my main things is that some things feel like they are crowded.

you have 2 search functions i would like to see just one and simplified mainly bc i don't think i need to have to be transferred to another screen to get advanced options.

in one convenient area probably close to where a persons info you need a search box where you can type or if you click in the box it will expand or open so you can have an advance search option. no getting transferred to another tab or screen.

your user info feels really cluttered and impersonal.

i might draw pictures later after i get some sleep to express things easier. there should be an personal info box for yourself that has your avatar and your name with things like post count and important things like inbox and alert for if someone answers you or quotes you.

your name should be a drop down with other options items like personal detail, signature, preference, avatar and other things you can click on so you can see those options.

change your heading on the page it has been that way for a while, its nice to see pics scroll across but you create a better banner, maybe one with better interaction. also instead of scrolling pics like it is now maybe you have random pics that is picked byt the admins or mods that showcase what this place is about. that almost play like a time frame or be interactive that you can scroll through like a book.

i like the ads at times but most of the time i think the ads are kinda intrusive. someone should think of ad placement so it isn't right there next to things like person info. you almost drown some things out. when your trying to get someones attention the ad is there and can be distracting.

showcase gallery, now here is a bit of where people get kinda not so happy with decisions mainly b/c of the name showcase gallery. when i think of showcase i thik of the best of the best. the cg choice galleries are rightfully there and should be, they are you rcream of the crop and the best, but everything else that is in that forum title.......
you should more the others and have a different name for the category. yes yall did start showcasing other work then the top work there i applaud yall for trying this, this is where yall said you want to change and you are trying but people are having a negative reaction.
needs a different area with a different name and when it does come down to it it does need some regulation on what does get posted.
the work needs to be more finished and have exceptions especially if they are wanting stuff like poser models to be shown. sorry but yes i am still against some things, you have to at least put effort and work into what you want to be shown.
untextured and unfinished models, sketches doodles and just all around not complete work with lack of info on it and maybe some of how you go to the point you got.

oooo oooooo i forgot as far as the header and design of the place maybe a contest who can think of or come up with the best layout that is pleasing to the eye and very convenient.
you give alot to the people let them give back at the same time get rewarded!

i'm awesome!

ok this is my suggestion and you don't have to take it seriously but i like buttons nice pretty or interactive buttons especially for one that lead you to other places like your twitter page or facebook page, no idea why i am suggesting it maybe b/c i haven't had alot of sleep and the people here got me thinking a bit.

i love this place i want to see it be a little more updated but not overly done like deviant.

showcasing can come in different forms and it doesn't have to be overly done. but in some aspects i would like to see members bringing to attention some others work by a suggestion pool. maybe this way they can decide somewhat on what will be seen in the stills gallery.

i might have more suggestions later but i do need sleep.

i hope others see this and comment on what they would like to see or just make some suggestions.

also side note there are some mods and founding members that do try and put them selves out there alot and they should be commended for alot of the things they try and do. thanks for keeping it alive for others.

plz make suggestions and comments!

now for that nap.

RainOnPluto my deviant art site.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread