CGTalk > Gallery > Featured Videos
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 10:19 PM   #46
Animaticoide
Veteran
portfolio
agmlabs
agmlabs.com
Austin, USA
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarand
Yeah you too.

Just please try understand in future we are only giving advice and were doing so in a friendly way. I know reading stuff on the internet can be difficult because you may interpret it differently to how we meant it.

Critiques are not personal attacks. Best of luck.

well hope JSOLSON can understand it...he needs that advice, instead of comparing views.
Also when I disagree it is not personal...people commenting aren't perfect either. So I hope you understand it as well and be more open to discuss your opinions if the counterpart disagrees.....chilling up is not the best ...neither we are talking to GOD..don't think you are always right.
Good Luck

Last edited by Animaticoide : 05-11-2010 at 10:23 PM.
 
Old 05-11-2010, 10:48 PM   #47
ciarand
Veteran
 
ciarand's Avatar
portfolio
Ciaran Dempsey
Animator / Visualizer
3rddimension
Dublin, Ireland
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animaticoide
Also when I disagree it is not personal...people commenting aren't perfect either.


Nobody claimed they were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animaticoide
So I hope you understand it as well and be more open to discuss your opinions if the counterpart disagrees..


I am very open to discuss opinions. The way the animation school I am studying in works is based entirely on this. People critique each others work, sometimes people disagree but there is never a big deal made about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animaticoide
...chilling up is not the best ...neither we are talking to GOD..
Good Luck


not sure what you mean here, perhaps you could explain it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animaticoide
don't think you are always right.


I most certainly don't think I am always right, I'm usually wrong in fact! I am just a junior animator.

However, everyone who has posted has mentioned that the weight is not correct, and that the run, even though we know now that it is supposed to be in slow motion, does not look right. We are only giving some advice and tips so that you can improve. You don't have to do anything we suggest, that's your prerogative, but it would look so much better if you managed to fix that run. The rest of the animation is pretty good.

You seem to be selling these models / animations, and if you managed to get the weight to look more natural and convincing then you would most likely sell more stuff! Does that not sound like good advice to you?
__________________
Portfolio Blog - www.ciaran-dempsey.com
 
Old 05-11-2010, 11:11 PM   #48
ciarand
Veteran
 
ciarand's Avatar
portfolio
Ciaran Dempsey
Animator / Visualizer
3rddimension
Dublin, Ireland
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 62
Wow,

After trying to explain to Animaticoide as nicely as I could that I never intended to argue with him and that I was merely trying to offer some help in improving his work as everybody does on these forums, I recieved this message to my vimeo account -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando
Well I just came to your channel by coincidence. Now it is too funny....Did you see? What do you argue that much when you are a simple apprentice? Do you think because you paid to Animation Mentor makes you a Master Overnight? Instead of arguing stupid things you should evaluate your own work...you will actually see a bunch of glitches on them. actually it stinks..but you expect people to say to you ALELUYA...wrong boy you must learn to walk before actually run....Do you now understand about self confidence? People fly to high like you only to realized later that they are just beginners trying to correct people on how to run...you are just another CLOWN ! SAD..SAD..I thought I was talking to an Ex-Dreamworks animator....ha ha this end up very funny. Good Luck...you really need it man.


Here is his vimeo - http://vimeo.com/agmlabs/videos

His arrogance astounds me. This is obviously how he feels about people that do not agree his work is perfect. Sorry to air this here, but I felt it fitting to expose this despicable behaviour.

Mods, you probably might want to lock/delete this thread now.
__________________
Portfolio Blog - www.ciaran-dempsey.com
 
Old 05-11-2010, 11:17 PM   #49
Animaticoide
Veteran
portfolio
agmlabs
agmlabs.com
Austin, USA
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarand
Nobody claimed they were.



I am very open to discuss opinions. The way the animation school I am studying in works is based entirely on this. People critique each others work, sometimes people disagree but there is never a big deal made about it.



not sure what you mean here, perhaps you could explain it?



I most certainly don't think I am always right, I'm usually wrong in fact! I am just a junior animator.

However, everyone who has posted has mentioned that the weight is not correct, and that the run, even though we know now that it is supposed to be in slow motion, does not look right. We are only giving some advice and tips so that you can improve. You don't have to do anything we suggest, that's your prerogative, but it would look so much better if you managed to fix that run. The rest of the animation is pretty good.

You seem to be selling these models / animations, and if you managed to get the weight to look more natural and convincing then you would most likely sell more stuff! Does that not sound like good advice to you?


Man don't keep winding up this thread for no reason. LET IT GO....No problem...don't take it personal....I disagreed on some points that was it. Some here become irritated and a bit offensive on a disagreement. They don't even think before posting...they don't even read what I have said..they become stubborn....I said clearly: I WILL MAKE OTHER WALKCYCLE BASED ON THE FEEDBACK HERE!.......read that and stop saying the same over and over because it just create confusion.

JSOLSO feels discomforted about his views and my Dino thread....LIGHTCACHE went directly to my YOUTUBE account posting a childish comment...it tells me that I am talking to people who has not sense of professionalism. And I know you are not that experienced either..so?.....NO WORTHY...LET IT GO..GOOD BYE
 
Old 05-11-2010, 11:20 PM   #50
ciarand
Veteran
 
ciarand's Avatar
portfolio
Ciaran Dempsey
Animator / Visualizer
3rddimension
Dublin, Ireland
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animaticoide
Man don't keep winding up this thread for no reason. LET IT GO....No problem...don't take it personal


Sorry, I never made it personal. I was only offering some advice, just like everyone does here. Do you not get that. You are the only one making it personal when you send insulting messages through vimeo.

I am reporting your actions on both Vimeo.com and also CGTalk. Good day.
__________________
Portfolio Blog - www.ciaran-dempsey.com
 
Old 05-11-2010, 11:23 PM   #51
Animaticoide
Veteran
portfolio
agmlabs
agmlabs.com
Austin, USA
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 43
well now you became a delinquent too? Faking email to gain reputation? You are hurt man. LET IT GO...I am not a child to play games.....GOOD BYE Mister Good luck. I have being saying it for a while but it is obvious you are disturb. Bye Mister.

Also look in the dictionary that advice differs from opinion....way too different. Get that tip.

By the way: If you want to fake an email make it more believable. Don't describe yourself...I have no clue who you are...Animation Mentor? Ha ha that's funny.......

Actually that email makes sense....was it your subconscious mind? Silly Child...grow up!

Last edited by Animaticoide : 05-11-2010 at 11:34 PM.
 
Old 05-11-2010, 11:37 PM   #52
ciarand
Veteran
 
ciarand's Avatar
portfolio
Ciaran Dempsey
Animator / Visualizer
3rddimension
Dublin, Ireland
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 62
Whatever dude, I have emailed Vimeo's abuse desk or whatever its called, I'm pretty sure they can see the message you have sent.

In either case you really didn't think it through, here is a screen capture of the message you sent -





I suppose I faked this too since I am so "disturbed"
__________________
Portfolio Blog - www.ciaran-dempsey.com

Last edited by ciarand : 05-11-2010 at 11:40 PM.
 
Old 05-11-2010, 11:50 PM   #53
Animaticoide
Veteran
portfolio
agmlabs
agmlabs.com
Austin, USA
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 43
LET IT GO...you are disturbed....do whatever is right for you boy. Grow up....be a man....accept and face disagreements....you are funny with all that stuff...get a beer..cool down...GOOD BYE...
 
Old 05-11-2010, 11:57 PM   #54
martinf430
Frequenter
portfolio
martin
glasgow, United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 136
hahaha i love how he calls u a faker then u post a screenie of his message lol. Priceless, its clearly him btw...as he seems to type... with these dots....instead of sentences....

Actually ciaran i think ur work is pretty bloody spot on, especially considering u only started animating in september. dnt let this 12 year old get under ur skin.
 
Old 05-12-2010, 12:10 AM   #55
Animaticoide
Veteran
portfolio
agmlabs
agmlabs.com
Austin, USA
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinf430
hahaha i love how he calls u a faker then u post a screenie of his message lol. Priceless, its clearly him btw...as he seems to type... with these dots....instead of sentences....

Actually ciaran i think ur work is pretty bloody spot on, especially considering u only started animating in september. dont let this 12 year old get under ur skin.


Man I don't care if you are his friend..actually he needs one by now. But do not wind him more because those unstable minded people might end up doing stupid things later. So be his friend cool..but don't wind him up...he is clearly very disturb with this situation. GOOD LUCK to both of you.
 
Old 05-12-2010, 12:13 AM   #56
Antropus
"It's a Puzzle!"
 
Antropus's Avatar
portfolio
Krishnamurti Costa
Senior Digital Modeler
ILM
San Francisco, USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,509

Man oh man, is this kinder garden all over again?
People are here to give you feedback on how to improve your work (that, guess what? Needs help!).
People are spending their precious time to give you sincere feedback and you are acting like a 5 years old. You should take your own advice and "take it like a man" instead of "stalking" whoever disagrees with you.

26 posts in the forum and over 20 are about arguing with people who are doing what they are supposed to do: give you advice! All I can say is that this is not a great start for you in this forum.
So, please, ALL of you, be back on topic or this thread will be locked really soon.

Thanks,
-Kris
__________________
My Work
Antropus @ Facebook
 
Old 05-12-2010, 12:42 AM   #57
Animaticoide
Veteran
portfolio
agmlabs
agmlabs.com
Austin, USA
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 43
Well that would be absurd, my own thread is going to be locked just because I disagree with some of the opinions?

So it means that a bunch of kids has the power to troll my own thread and I have to say..YES I AGREED WITH THEIR OPINIONS? No Sr..if this thread needs to be Locked go ahead..no hard feelings....but my belief and convictions about some technical points are not going to change. Please read the whole thread to see what has being going on. Be my guess if anyone considers that it needs to be locked. No hard feelings. Good Luck to everyone.

Last edited by Animaticoide : 05-12-2010 at 12:47 AM.
 
Old 05-12-2010, 01:13 AM   #58
Antropus
"It's a Puzzle!"
 
Antropus's Avatar
portfolio
Krishnamurti Costa
Senior Digital Modeler
ILM
San Francisco, USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,509

OK sir, I took the time to read how everything started and all I could see was a bunch of people giving you VERY specific criticism and posting videos as reference to help you until you flipped out. So, I guess you will disagree with me on this one, as you are doing to just about everybody posting on your thread, but I have to agree with most of the comments posted by the others here, not only about the problems with your animation, specifically the weight and camera shake, but also about your reactions to other peoples comments.

A little bit of psychology: isn't that funny that what we normally see as wrong in others is exactly what we can't see in ourselves? And we can't just see it for a simple reason: it's unconscious, so the conscious mind is not aware of it AT ALL. What I'm trying to say is that you're just pointing out your freedom to disagree with pretty much everybody on this thread, while at same time you negate the right they have to disagree with your own opinion.

Again, back on topic, do you still want people to help you with your work? If you do, be open to accept the criticism or disagree with it, but be sure you are able to take it. Otherwise there's really no need to post.

-Kris
__________________
My Work
Antropus @ Facebook
 
Old 05-12-2010, 01:40 AM   #59
Animaticoide
Veteran
portfolio
agmlabs
agmlabs.com
Austin, USA
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 43
Sorry Mister you haven't read the thread. I said I will make other Walkcycle based on the feedback...very simple...Now you just want to look good in front of the majority..may be is that your job here? There are many things told on this thread that are very absurd and offensive...it is obvious you are trying to ignore them for simplicity or whatever reason you might have. I am not going to copy and paste offensive comments...I don't play games. Actually if you have access to my personal messages on this Forum, one guy has been gentle and apologize for any possible offense. It is obvious that you are just ignoring it for convenience or you haven't read anything at all. Or may be because you signed in in 2002 and you want to preserve your political reputation in front of everyone RIGHT? Look I told you that if you want to locked the thread or even my account go ahead....but if you are expecting myself begging like may be many here...you are flying to high Mister....DO WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO DO....

Last edited by Animaticoide : 05-12-2010 at 01:42 AM.
 
Old 05-12-2010, 02:07 AM   #60
Stahlberg
Lord of the posts
 
Stahlberg's Avatar
CGSociety Member
portfolio
Steven Stahlberg
Lead Artist
Streamline Studios
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 4,601

Here's some advice from someone who has posted a lot of work and gotten a lot of critique (and given it too.)

Don't call people names. Instead, the person who ASKS for critique should actually try to be MORE humble and diplomatic than those who take the time to give it. Even if you think the crit is complete bullshit you must thank them and not complain, because they think they are helping you, taking their own precious time and giving it to you for FREE, when they didn't have to. Never critique the critique! Too much of that and no one wants to give you advice anymore. Simply silently disregard the crits that seem too oddball and unique and you don't agree with. (However, if several people mention the same thing, then that is a sign you must not ignore.)
Remember that stuff you write online will be searchable and visible to everyone for decades to come, maybe centuries.
 
Thread Closed share thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.