|07 July 2009|
Brno, Czech Republic
Free rig - George 1.3
I am not sure where rigs should be posted so I guess the animation forum is the closest one.
George Rig is a cartoon character rig with all features that animator would expect, including but not limited to:
- switchable FK & IK limbs;
- FK & IK torso;
- squash & stretch;
- advanced foot setup;
- detail facial rig;
- switchers GUI;
Download the rig + guide + bonuses (zip file) here.
Download only the rig here.
Download only the guide here .
Application to run the rig is Blender (www.blender.org). Blender is cool 3d open source application so feel free to download it.
I'd love to hear your feedback.
There is new version of the George rig 1.2.
- new stretchy IK system (much better for FK - IK switching)
- bending bones work correctly in stretched positions
- nicer IK torso bones shapes as requested by users
- many other "under-the-hood" tweaks ...
There is new version of the George rig 1.3
- solved flipping of the spine, the shoulders and the neck when the rig was rotated upside down (180 degrees) - yes, some animators would like to animate ceiling walkcycles :-)
- enhanced parenting/multiple spaces switching constraints of the eyes target, neck and head
- some minor tweaks
Last edited by JiriH : 08 August 2009 at 12:42 PM.
|08 August 2009|
Thread automatically closed
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
|Thread Closed share thread|