CGTalk > Gallery > Featured Videos
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 10-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
Ignis-void
portfolio
Pabel Luna
Bolivia

Folk Dance, my first complete video animation!

Hey everyone, I'm just looking to some feedback over there. This is my first complete animation video, I just start in Blender this year so... Any tip or suggestion? Overall assessment? All your profesional opinions and criticisms will be very apreciated!
I'm a newbie here in cg society too, so, if this thread is misplaced or something like that, please someone tell me...
Or if I should place my video in another place, tell me... The forum is very confusing at first glance...
o.O
And, that's all. Thanks!
My vid:

Last edited by Ignis-void : 10-04-2013 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Video misplaced

Old 10-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
Ignis-void
portfolio
Pabel Luna
Bolivia

So... editing a post must be moderated too? This is a bit confusing...

Old 10-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
DeFuze
portfolio
Tom Crotty
Langwarrin, Australia

Thumbs up

Not bad, is this based on a traditional/cultural story of some kind?

Honestly, it could use more realism, but I suspect that's probably a limitation of your software. If it's poser or something similar, it's difficult to get something highly optimised and realistic out of your renders, which is fair enough.

The camera movement seems a bit unrealistic at times, a little too obviously animated. Try to make the movements based on what would be achievable with an expensive hollywood rig. That mostly means movements with consistent speed, or only subtle, controlled changes in speed. Some of those first shots where the female character moves around were a bit hard to watch.

The character animation itself was good overall. A little polishing could have been put in place, but for your first completed animation, you did very well.

Keep it up! But I suggest trying out some software like 3ds Max or Maya, you'll have a lot more creative freedom, even if it's harder to get started without preset rigs, characters and environments etc

Old 10-11-2013, 12:32 AM   #4
Ignis-void
portfolio
Pabel Luna
Bolivia

Thanks for the thoughts!
Based in a tradicional story...? Not exactly... Is just a musical randomness in folk and carnival common costumes.
More subtlety in the camera movements? Oks got it!
And actually yes, I use Blender, but the normal render system (not the Cycles render, which is more realistic and powerful, but a lot hard to set-up... ) I modeled most of the scene furniture, background and chars (I like modeling!) but texturing... texturing always has been a headache for me...

Last edited by Ignis-void : 10-11-2013 at 10:54 PM.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #5
Ignis-void
portfolio
Pabel Luna
Bolivia

Update!!
Some minor bugs fixed and full HD:

Old 11-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread