Your Word is Your Bond animation

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2013
Your Word is Your Bond animation

Hey everyone, was looking to get some feedback on this shot. Any help would be appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1iK...eature=youtu.be

www.MichaelSime.com

10 October 2013
The animation here is actually pretty good. My biggest issue is something that a lot of animators have a tendency to do, and that is to frame the shot in one big long boring wide shot. You can add a lot to your animation just by having some better framing/camera angles, and some cuts added in. A shot that gets in the face of the money borrower so you can see the fear and desperation in his face. Maybe a nice low shot on the lender, that makes him feel powerful and imposing, just by how the camera was placed. Using some filmmaking technique can ad a lot of extra tone and emotion without the characters themselves having to "act harder".

Whenever you want to animate a dialog, you should ask yourself how this piece would be set up in a feature film. I doubt Andrew Stanton or Brad Bird would frame this back and forth in one continuous establishing shot.

10 October 2013
Beautiful piece man. I think pushing the phonetics just a bit would be a nice touch. Mouth shapes could read a bit clearer. Love it though, great clip

10 October 2013
The toon style is very expresive for sure...
Nicely done! I really want to see the complete scene!

10 October 2013
Hey, thanks for all the feedback!

I'll definitely get in there and clarify some of the mouth shapes, I can see how they aren't super clear.

The camera comment really makes sense! I'll really pay attention to that when doing any future animations. Really great advice.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond everyone!

www.MichaelSime.com

10 October 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread