Jumper

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2013
Its a good start, it really needs a believable sense of weight. He seems quite floaty. I would add some more aggregation and followthrough action, but keep it up!

03 March 2013
I think you should animate a bouncing ball. Post it here and we can talk about that. This seems a little above your certain skill level. But you're doing certain things here that look nice, so there's definitely potential.

Like I said, do the bouncing ball, let's get a solid foundation built.

www.MichaelSime.com

03 March 2013
First, that jumping exercise was not above my level. Of course it's not going to be perfect since I am still learning. How do you expect me to make a clips like this if I don't at least try? Also, I've done a lot of those squash and squish exercises. I do not feel like spending the next thirty years of my life doing that because some random guy on the internet feels I am not ready to work with an animated character.

03 March 2013
I'm not sure why you got so offensive from the previous post by Michael. He does have a point where you need to start with the basics and go from there. I know when I was in school I didn't animate my first character until at least a year and half in art school. If your not willing to "spend 30 years of your life" on an exercise to help you improve them I'm sorry but you're in the wrong industry my friend. As a professional animator I can tell you that patience is key. You will work on things that may take years.

Ps: Tip for next time you post: Be more professional and don't give "sas" to someone who is trying to help you out.

-cheers

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by Akinsthestarchild93: I do not feel like spending the next thirty years of my life doing that because some random guy on the internet feels I am not ready to work with an animated character.

then why would you post it in a public forum? you just want to people to tell you how nice it looks? the guy gave you some solid advice, it's not like he's troll bashing your work.

from what i can see, you're lacking in timing and spacing, the arcs of your jump and overall movement aren't working, and the poses don't support your action/body mechanics.

always have an open mind when receiving critique and feedback. do the bouncing ball. that teaches you timing and spacing, arcs, squash and stretch. it's not just up and down with some rotation and scaling. when you've got the bouncing ball figured out, do a ball with legs, work your way up. this is how it's done in animationmentor and a number of books from industry pros.

03 March 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread