Cedric Lavanche Animation Reel

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2012   #1
Cedric Lavanche Animation Reel

Hi there,
it's been awhile since I didn't posted here, the main reason is because I was super busy with my studies. I just finished it, so now it's time to show up the work I did during the last 16 months at Ianimate.

Better than the words here is my reel... Feel free to comment, I'm not really sure about the order of the shots, it's a first try.

I hope you will like it!

Old 12 December 2012   #2
good stuff i love it the animation

Old 12 December 2012   #3
nice reel mate, neat stuff

Old 12 December 2012   #4
Nice reel man! Nice lighting/rendering as well! I think the guy at the bottom of the stairs is my favorite, nice acting choices in that one

a few notes of things that caught my attention...

monster shot- monster walk feels a bit off, door of the fridge seems like it should drift more, currently it feels like it stops a little abruptly when he opens it. I do like how the woman picks the knife up upside down and then flips it over though, that's a nice touch

cat shot - I like how he walks up to the edge, but something about the way he jumps off the rooftop feels weird, I think it's in the anticipation, it also seems a little odd that the cat continues to jump even after being on level ground

last shot - lipsync feels off in some places, particularly when tall guy says "Burn" the second time before making that noise

Anyway, nice work overall, hope this helps!

Old 01 January 2013   #5
Thanks for the feedbacks...
I guess after so much time worked on it, I need to get away from it, for a couple of weeks and try to find the force to polish it with fresh eyes

Old 01 January 2013   #6
Man, the music really sets the tone in this one.

I would say pick your music carefully... I felt one way when I heard the first couple notes, but then I was taken somewhere completely different when I saw the first animations... Iin my opinion they don't match.. May be best to leave out the background track all together if your intention is to show your emotive animation skills..

Second feedback is that I'm a little confused on the chosen styles. I like that you are showing you can do lots of things, but these clips all seem like they were done after you saw something cool then decided to give that a shot.. Myabe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right. Not knocking it, that's how I feel a bunch of the time too

However, my feedback would be to take a step back and speculate what is a common thread you can weave together with this piece.. It currently seems a bit fragmented and un appreciated for the real talent it has potential to show. There seem to be light scenes, then dark scenes.. then bw and then color.. I feel lost ...

Overall though, great to see your work, and takes a lot of work to put something like this together and share.. nicely done.

cheers,

Mike

Old 01 January 2013   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread