Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 11-13-2012, 12:11 AM   #1
Schoolpost
portfolio
Csaba
edmonton, Canada

Microsoft Surface Promo

Hey Guys,

I would like to apologize in advance if this content doesn't belong on this forum,

With the recent launch of the surface, I decided to create a promo that matches the visual style of the original. All the shots have been created, shot and edited myself.

There are some things I might have done differently if time would have allowed me, but otherwise I believe it reflects the original pretty well!

Shot on a Canon T3I/600D w/ 18-55 kit lens and a 50mm 1.8

Hope you all enjoy!

VIDEO LINK

Old 11-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
Almaraz
Veteran

portfolio
German Almaraz
3D Animator
Warex3d
Guatemala, Guatemala

Send a message via MSN to Almaraz
I love it!

Old 11-19-2012, 10:12 PM   #3
galloalessandro
portfolio
Alessandro Gallo
Modena, Italy

Well done! I appreciate the rack focus in some of the near shots.
Do you mount a follow focus rig or just use the lens gear to achieve that precise excursion?

So, do you own that Surface? How is your first experience with it? I may be interested in the x86 version releasing next year.

Cheers!

Old 11-20-2012, 05:45 AM   #4
Schoolpost
portfolio
Csaba
edmonton, Canada

Hello,

Thanks for the positive feedback, means a lot.

As to what i use for focusing, its all done with the focus ring. its no easy job especially with a cheapo 50m 1.8 lens, but i found it to work well for the most part.

I am though thinking about purchasing a follow focus system of some kind in the near future, are their any recommendations you can make? if so i looking for as cheap as possible without sacrificing quality.

I "did" own the surface for about 2 weeks before returning it. however i did not return it because it was a bad product, actually i found myself using it way more than my iPad and for more productive uses. the hardware itself is really great too. IMO its better than the iPad. but unlike the iPad it had very few apps, and with the full desktop interface, I found myself I need of the legacy windows applications such as the adobe suite.

for that reason alone is why I am going to be purchasing a surface pro when it debut's.

Regards,

Schoolpost

Old 11-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #5
galloalessandro
portfolio
Alessandro Gallo
Modena, Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoolpost
I am though thinking about purchasing a follow focus system of some kind in the near future, are their any recommendations you can make? if so i looking for as cheap as possible without sacrificing quality.
I don't own a focus system so I can't personally suggest any, the conventional rigs are too expensive for my needs, right now. I'd be curious to try out the cheap LensStraps solution: in the demos it looks precise enough for indoor/studio works and it allows marking focus points with water pens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoolpost
for that reason alone is why I am going to be purchasing a surface pro when it debut's.
That's the same reason I'm waiting. Anyway, before looking into the Surface Pro I'm going to install a Windows 8 partition on my home machine, to see if AfterFX and other Adobe stuff is really 100% compatible as they state.

Best

Old 11-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread