stefanofarci
Veteran

portfolio
Stefano Farci
matte painter, 3d generalist
MPC
Irvine, USA

Digital Set, Environment reel

Hello guys, it's been a while I'm not posting something on cgSociety. I was living in Italy and now it has been a couple of years I moved to L.A. to learn at Gnomon school. I post here my last demo reel. I putted together yesterday night some of the recent works I did in the last couple of months and some older matte painting. I still have to fix the graphic part of it, and I'll do it as soon as possible. I tried to don't go over 2 minutes of reel (people get bored if longer, I guess).

I'm specializing in Digital set and Environment 3d, comments and critiques are more than welcome.

Thanks everyone in advance

Stefano Farci Digital set/ Environment Demo Reel

Old 11-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
Mr-Evil-studio
Expert

portfolio
simy soares
Mr.Evil-studio
New York, USA

Send a message via MSN to Mr-Evil-studio
great work & very good stuff

Old 11-03-2012, 09:42 AM   #3
Retronator
a.k.a. Retro

portfolio
Matej Jan
Game Developer, Illustrator
Retronator
Berkeley, United%2BStates

Send a message via MSN to Retronator
Yeah, sweet stuff, I enjoyed the presentation a lot, great to see the decompositions.

Good luck with future projects, hope to see your work around.

Cheers from Slovenia.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #4
stefanofarci
Veteran

portfolio
Stefano Farci
MPC
Irvine, USA

thanks guys. If you have some suggestions to improve it, or you think something doesn't fit, doesn't look good, or you would like to see something else in a digital set/environment demo reel, you are more than welcome to point at it. I'm still working on it and I have newer works coming. Thanks for the appreciations.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #5
FreeLuncheon

portfolio
Kieran Sweeney
Madison, USA

Excellent work, very well presented too. The composition and color are spot on. On the first viewing, I really enjoyed how suddenly the giant spaceship comes into view. Very impactful.

I initially thought maybe it could be a bit shorter and tighter, but after watching a few times on mute, there aren't any glaring dead spots. The only other thing I can think of is that the camera shakiness and rack focusing could be toned down. Your visuals stand up to scrutiny so it seems like an unnecessary flourish. I remember watching your Iron Man video a while back and thinking that Tony Stark could probably afford a focus puller.

Great work and best of luck!

Old 11-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #6
stefanofarci
Veteran

portfolio
Stefano Farci
MPC
Irvine, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeLuncheon
Excellent work, very well presented too. The composition and color are spot on. On the first viewing, I really enjoyed how suddenly the giant spaceship comes into view. Very impactful.

I initially thought maybe it could be a bit shorter and tighter, but after watching a few times on mute, there aren't any glaring dead spots. The only other thing I can think of is that the camera shakiness and rack focusing could be toned down. Your visuals stand up to scrutiny so it seems like an unnecessary flourish. I remember watching your Iron Man video a while back and thinking that Tony Stark could probably afford a focus puller.

Great work and best of luck!

Sir, Thank you very much for your suggestions. I really apprecite your opinion. lol, I agree with the Iron Man shot. Thanks again sir.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #7
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread