Ocean Storm

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

View Poll Results: How do u think of this work?
Amazing 0 0%
Good 2 11.76%
Normal 6 35.29%
Bad 9 52.94%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2012   #1
Ocean Storm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRkoGf4H_IM

A simple shot for a ship lost in an ocean storm .. done with 3dmax 2011 render vray .. realflow of course and after effects .. all work done by me and took 2 days
please comment, let me know how much i can get out of 10 cause i am seeking a job opportunity
thanks.

Old 11 November 2012   #2
request

the poll result shows that its a bad work .. so please just i need to know the weak points let me know why it is bad , this will help me alot thanks

Old 11 November 2012   #3
Talking

I like it. Was it audio driven or did you want the sound to compliment the animation? The water was very good. The only thing that I would have done was put more love into the ship. You have a nice base to work from with regards from the ship, just give the ship more character. For eg visible weathering, battle damage if it has been in a battle etc. Let me know if you fix it up.

Old 11 November 2012   #4
Whats bad about it?
1. foam effects: transparency and appear
2. lightning (no reflection on ocean)
3. ocean does behave wrong
4. ocean waves could not create these splash effects
5. there is no wind
...etc

Flood simulations and dramatic oceans are quite hard to implement, maybe you should try something easier.

Old 11 November 2012   #5
A little more in addition to the above comment: The ship movements were lacking realistic movement for the magnitude of the storm that you were trying to convey. If you watch only the boat, it essentially carries the movement of moving down a smooth river throughout the frames. Also, the ocean whitecaps just didn't look right. Do a Google image search of ocean whitecaps to gather additional reference. I found this video of ships in a storm that should make some good reference as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...-HaTWIznGE&NR=1

Keep it up! You'll get there!

Old 11 November 2012   #6
Thanks

Thanks alot for the comments , its all true and a value added to me i will try to make a new one taking into consideration those comments hope to be much more better

Old 11 November 2012   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread