E.T.A. by JUNK - Animated Short

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2008   #46
Brilliant! Now, where do I get one of those coffee machines?

Old 06 June 2008   #47
Thumbs up wowexcellent film

very good work i hope goodluck

Old 06 June 2008   #48
amazing short man ! very nice ! i loved, impressive ...

Old 06 June 2008   #49
Amazing short, and the story, I laughed so hard! xD
Always loved the alien movies, and the moviestyle is just an excellent tribute to it!

Old 06 June 2008   #50
Excellent work

Cheers

Aydin

Old 06 June 2008   #51
Alien == CoffeMachine; HAHAHAA did not see that coming

Brilliant.

Old 06 June 2008   #52
that was amazing!! I want a robot alien coffe machine

Old 06 June 2008   #53
Really nice job guys

My only crit with this animation is your main character! i think hi dosent fit to this animation very well, this dude look's like bad 3d character from TurboSquid

Everything else is amazing a specially ship and alien! i would love to see some wip renders from that cool looking alien

im still going to give you guys *****

On Hold! Cartoon-Robot!

Old 06 June 2008   #54
really good work on the whole piece i can only hope i become half as good as you guys.

Old 06 June 2008   #55
I have to agree with ivanisavich about the story. It felt predictable, either this is a setup for a gag or a set up for what you were trying to be abvious about. Also was pretty upset that you guys didn't try and design your own alien design. I give you props for all your hard work though. It looks absolutely amazing with everything you did

Old 06 June 2008   #56
Booyah:
Quote: Also was pretty upset that you guys didn't try and design your own alien design.

Ehm the whole point was that it was supposed to be recognized as the giger alien. The pilot surrounds himself with homages to great popculture (weyland/yutani logo, OCP logo etc.).
The tongue comming out with the coffee.. wouldnt be nearly as funny if it was an unrecognizeable robot-design we came up with.

When that is said i designed it using virtually no references since its more or less an interpretation.

We also give giger credit

Old 06 June 2008   #57
Stunningly good!

Old 06 June 2008   #58
Trenox:
I understand why you would want to do that, and I thought about it but it just felt predictable. Although the robot design was kinda cool.

Old 06 June 2008   #59
booyah: fair enough and thx!

Old 06 June 2008   #60
Originally Posted by Booyah: I have to agree with ivanisavich about the story. It felt predictable, either this is a setup for a gag or a set up for what you were trying to be abvious about. Also was pretty upset that you guys didn't try and design your own alien design. I give you props for all your hard work though. It looks absolutely amazing with everything you did
I guess spoilers are off at this point(I don't mean you, just in general), but I'll use them anyway because it absolutely ruins the short if you have any idea what it's about:

[ SPOILER - Click to reveal ]
Spoiler:
I suppose they could have made their own design and still be successful, but it's also what made it enjoyable for me. Not because I like the Alien design or something, but because it made me GROAN when I saw it. Maybe I'm stupid or something, but it wasn't until the coffee started swarming out of its teeth that it clicked. So I thought it was quite clever. At first i thought it was a ship mate wearing an Alien costume or something, but a coffee maker Alien was classic. It was predictable from a standpoint that you know something is coming...but geesh, what isn't? It's a short, it's obviousl that something is happening.

Last edited by Brettzies : 06 June 2008 at 03:29 AM.

Thread Closed share thread