Acting/Dialogue test - for critique

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2008   #1
Acting/Dialogue test - for critique

Heya, my name is Kent Alfred and I am currently working full time at Reel FX in Dallas, TX. I had some free time tonight while the wife and kid are away so I thought it would be fun to do a little animation test and get people to critique it! I usually end up starting tests and never finishing them, but maybe this will help motivate me a little more.

Please feel free and open to critique this to your heart's desire. Any and every eyeball in this world matters, so comments are welcome!

Acting test - blocking v1.mov

Ok, so right now I'm just concerned with posing and timing. Some facial has been added for clarity.

What do you think?

~ Kent Alfred
kentalfred.com

Old 08 August 2008   #2
Kent,

This is coming along very nicely! I think the only bits that strike me as off is :

"any at all"... the stationary hips deaden this line. If you move the hips forward, it may accent the phrase some more.

"For a week".. he looks screen right, and I think he loses some of his intensity.

I hope these are on target. Keep it up! I get working on my scenes when the wife and kids are out of the house, too! No distractions!

Geoff

Old 08 August 2008   #3
Thanks! That's very helpful!

Old 08 August 2008   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread