Pigeon: Impossible

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2008
Yep, that's exactly how I did it as well. The automation happens on top of that, but you can still move the shoulder by hand. I should have mentioned that in the episode. Thanks!

07 July 2008
Podcast #10 is online and goes through a pretty standard way to set up IK-FK blending. It also shows some handy tricks for tweaking and optimizing it.
http://pigeonimpossible.com/podcast/010.html

07 July 2008
Cool, man. Great vidcast; I watched 'em all over the past two nights. I am genuinely excited for this!
You seem to know a bunch about every part of doing CG... is it really just you? Amazing!
I anxiously await what you have to say about my area of expertise, the character animation.
love, luck,
hen

Last edited by HenningK : 07 July 2008 at 05:23 AM.

07 July 2008
Yeah character animation will probably take at least 10 episodes. I have had a lot of help from different people on this short, especially with animation and modelling. Overall, I'd guess I've probably done about 75% of it. That last 25% is still a TON of work though and I've been very fortunate to have such great people working on it.

08 August 2008
Wow, very cool!!! Just watched all you 'casts, cant wait to start doing stuff like that myself!
You got another fan now Lucas! Keep going!
L

ps - you might have been able to save $5k if you got a program called reason, and a few reason refills. maybe... the real thing is always better though!

08 August 2008
Podcast #011 is up and talks about how we handled the cloth simulations (or lack thereof).
http://pigeonimpossible.com/podcast/011.html

08 August 2008
Hi Lucas,

Great stuff! I've been looking forward to PI since I saw it on animwatch a year ago. I'm working hard on a short film myself (and I'll be in it for the long haul too...been working on it for a year and still have about 2 to go)...so I find your stuff very inspiring

04 April 2009
Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. The good news is that we're finishing final sound this week and final picture is exporting as we speak!

Also, I wanted to let people know that I'm teaching another course at FXPHD: http://www.fxphd.com/courses#XSI202 There should be an introductory video up soon, but the general pitch for the class is that it's a "tech for artists" sort of thing. We'll be covering a lot of scripting, expressions and ICE stuff using examples from Pigeon: Impossible. You don't need to know any scripting or have programming experience, in fact its probably better if you don't because some of the techniques will be down and dirty ways to get results, not necessarily the "proper" way to do things. The class is designed to open up parts of XSI that some people find intimidating at first, but if you know just a few simple things can harness a lot of power and really speed up your workflow.

The podcasts will resume later this month, but this class will let me go into way more depth and focus on XSI specific stuff (which I usually try to avoid in the podcasts.) Hope to see some of you at fxphd!

04 April 2009
Great! Glad to see you're still at it.
Let us know about the festival schedule (and which ones you'll be attending: I'd love to shake your hand).
And lastly, enjoy the reward for all your hard work!
love,hen

04 April 2009
I can not wait for some more podcast. The one on multipass rendering helped me out a lot on my latest project. Thanks alot.

04 April 2009
Ohhh! Sweet!
In fact, I thought about this project the other day, and really hoped it hadn't died off.
So it's great to hear from you again!

Good job, mate.

04 April 2009
Hey Lucas the stuff you are doing very inspiring and impressive. just saw all the podcasts and read your whole blog. quite informative and interesting stuff you are talking about. wish you all the best my friend. i will stick around.

best Regards

04 April 2009
Podcasts are great! Animation looks superb. Keep up the great work.

I'm following with interest!

04 April 2009
Fantastic.

Your attention to detail, skill, method and finesse are all to be aspired to.

Thanks a lot for the fantastic tutorials.

04 April 2009
Really nice, I love it !

Keep going

Thread Closed share thread