2D Animation Group

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2005
jakilo thanks glad u like!!

the d and j clip on u site is great!

07 July 2005
I finally had a chance to check out your demo reel and the rest of the shorts on your site Jakilo. I'm very impressed. Most of the animation I seen done in flash didn't have the speed or quality of your work. I couldn't get any sound to come thru , something was wrong with my quicktime codec. Awsome work. ... ohh you said you still work with Flash 4, I was wondering if there are any major improvements in the animation aspect of Flash between Flash 4 and Flash MX. I know that actionscript has been improved as well as the components. I bought the entire Macromedia studio MX and I'm not sure if I should update to the New MX 2004.

Getting back to my project at hand, here's what I have written for my animation TO BE > It will hopefully give you guys an inside to what I'm looking to create. Noob and a few already seen this in our previous thread, so just disregard.

__________________________________________________ ______
Heres a little back drop information on Cyrix, one of the main supporting characters in my story.

Cyrix - Cyrix is a tall blond male that looks to be in his twenties. His real age is unknown due to the fact that Cyrix keeps his date of birth under wraps and never celebrates his birthday. His appearance and carefree attitude would never bring anyone to the assumption that Cyrix is one of the 3 wealthiest entities in the universe. While most wealthy humans are fortunate enough to purchase a mansion or even an island, Cyrix can afford to purchase entire planets or even planetary systems. How much he can afford has never been determined because his credit seems to be involved in everything from toothbrushes to Interstellar Wormholes. There isn't an agency big enough to perform an audit of this magnitude at the current moment. Cyrix may be a free spirit but he's also followed by his stubborn reputation of doing everything by the law and the rules of superstition. It is said that he once bulldozed one of his many mansion because someone shook his hand in its door way. It's also said that he once gave every single perons on his home world planet Julius 4, a million credits, just to spite off the local government, eventually causing the economy to crash and a birth of the current free society. Some look at his actions as outrageous while others admire the dedication to his beliefs.

Julius 4 (planet) flourishes with tropical vegetation and ocean life. Compared to it's neighboring planets, Julius ranks as the smallest in the sector. It's small mass size is balanced out by it's high velocity rotation, making it a perfect place to raise future pilots. The planet was named in honor of it's discoverer and first king , Julius M. Cairnes. Today's youth rarely questions the importance of the planets full name. Julius 4 used to be Julius 3 and before that Julius 2. The number that follows the planets name signifies the amount of times it has been completely destroyed by rogue asteroids. The last impact occurred 1630 lunar years ago and annihilated the entire tera population.

07 July 2005
did u order the book yet terro?

07 July 2005
I'm ordering it right now, I didn't do it yesterday because I rememberd that I have my Amazon.com gift certificate from my associate program.

BTW - My condolonces to you , I know you guys are going thru a tough time atm and happy B-day. Me and my wife have friends in London.

07 July 2005
I done did it It shows that I will receive my copy by the 8th which is very unlikely, hopefully by monday it will arrive.

07 July 2005
cool tell us what u think when u get it.

07 July 2005
Another nice app that works well with Flash is Swift 3D, I had some experianced with it, but only with primitives. I made a arrow out of a cone and cylinder, rendered them all in black with no shadows, so it did the trick. Placing it over a nice sky image and giving it the matrix 360 rotation did for a nice effect and it took about 5 minutes.

I'm not sure how good Swift is with modeling, it has a lathe mode. It's much better then the Cinema 4D flash exported though, i'll tell you that much.

07 July 2005
Terro, yeah, I still use Flash 4... the whole studio does. I find, or, we find that Flash 4 is much stronger than the upgrades... simply because your lines are nice in Flash 4. On a Mac they are. On a pc they suck. try to draw a quick line in Flash, any flash, on pc, and you'll see what i mean. as soon as you zoom in you see a jagged line where a smooth line should be. I'm not by any means a techie, so I couldn't tell you why that is ... either way, flash is just better on a mac.

as for the speed of my work, just put your setting to 24 frames a second, and you have yourself a realtime playback for your pencil test! what else could you ask for !

thanks for checking it out and all the warm compliments. but in the end, flash is still just a tool. once you learn it, you can do awesome stuff with it. you should see what our fx guy does.. man, i have no idea how he does a tenth of it...

i've never used swift 3d.. but i guess it could be pretty cool

Last edited by jakiloblanco : 07 July 2005 at 05:22 AM.

07 July 2005
dudes how do u get a link in ur signiture without having to type the full link?

07 July 2005
Goto your signature box, for exampletype in WIP and then hightlight it with your mouse, while it's highlighted click on that hyperlink button, has a little chain/link over it. This should bring up a http:// window where you can enter a addy to attach to that text.

07 July 2005
Talking

nice things you've got there, NOOB. i really like the scorpion design. thanx for inviting me in..

07 July 2005
so what animations u working on linda?

07 July 2005
Noob, my book just arrived, I'll let you guys know what I think about it in a few days. I'm also working on a few Video Photoshop and Flash tutorials. I'll post the links once I'm done with them. Simple stuff but I think it will be helpfull to the new guys. First I need to finish my site.

07 July 2005
Talking

im currently trying to bring one of nebz comic characters to life. this one i like a lot. this is just a test ride. im studying rotations of the head, inking and colouring in anime style. well..havent been doing animations for quite some time.. this is my third time in life..other animations from before i lost, and the were sucky..this week i havent been doing much on them since i have an exam and i have to study alot.. well here is a preview:

07 July 2005
lookin good linda.u really shud get flash mx for ur animations!

terro,hope u like the book,and hope to see at least sum small concepts from u soon.

Thread Closed share thread