New Theater section on my animation website

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2013   #1
New Theater section on my animation website

Hi everyone,

first of all, hello. This is petertos from Spain, I'm not very active on these forums but I'm willing to change this. I'm asking here something animation related stuff but it is more tied to the 'business' ecosphere rather than 'pure animation technique'. I see there's no 'CG Business' section on the forums, if you find a better place to post this either move it (if you are a moderator) or suggest it.

In a nutshell: I'm an animation producer, I do most of the things to create an animation myself, from music to scripts to animation. The result is a very personal work that has been recently featured on some Spanish blogs and other international ones. I use 2D mainly but I've also started to use 3D for certain jobs. I make commercial animations to survive, aside from this.

I used to have my work on Youtube, but unless you have a trillion views on that platform it is difficult to make money and I'm also not 100% satisfied with the way they treat content and some neighbors I have (too much amateur content and 'let's play' videos...). So I'm looking for other ways to present my content. I've set up a website with the help of the HTML5 video tag and I'm starting to migrate the content to it, and I will charge €1 to download all videos and music I've created to date, just in case anyone wants to download it. I want to finish the series I've started and not show them complete so I can sell them later to TV stations or Content Conglomerates pages (there are many).

Do you think this is a good idea? Do you have any monetization experiences on your own website? What do you think of the Youtube partner program? Are there other opportunities out there?

Sorry for the big amount of text. My website is below. Currently you can't buy anything, as the payment procedure website hasn't been implemented. You can check out some of my animations there.

http://www.pedroalonsopablos.com/

Thanks in advance.

Old 10 October 2013   #2
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread