Tony Stark

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 04 April 2013   #16
no real need for full deformation on the hair - even the closest shots barely show interaction between hair and faceplate as it closes so we should be okay

Old 04 April 2013   #17
More fixes to the eyes, shaders, textures and made the neckline ready to slot into the t-shirt on the stark model.

Old 04 April 2013   #18
Heyyyyy .... Yikkkkes... Just me again...

..took all your teddy bears and stuffed em in my pants

Old 04 April 2013   #19
Don't wanna clooooooooose my eyes, don't wanna faaaall asleep, because I miss you Jimmy. So call me baaaack

Old 04 April 2013   #20
lol! you guys need a nap!!

Solomon W. Jagwe
Soreel GraFX
http://www.sowl.com

Old 04 April 2013   #21
OK so I finally got back round to the fun part and finished the hi res sculpt. This means I can now get the textures and mesh finished. Still have to tackle the inside of the mouth though

Old 04 April 2013   #22
Lol tell me about it Solomon. Sadly it's not this project that's tiring us out though. Just crunching at work on our new game Drive Club for the PS4. Check it out if you haven't seen it trained sales pitch.

I was looking at your own thread the other day actually. It's looking great. I'm glad to see you're sticking it out too as it seems like it could be quite a long haul. Just a shame no one seems to frequent the animation threads. If it's not a pretty still that's been photoshopped to death then it's not worth a look

I've actually been working on a gorilla myself for a Tarzan fight that I've not put on hold so it's really nice to see your process. Good look. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Old 04 April 2013   #23
OK so I'm virtually done with the main mesh. A few tweaks to do like less noise on the side of the nose and adding the big bumps back in above the eyebrows, but other than that I'm pretty happy. Next stop - inside the mouth!

Last edited by Cush : 04 April 2013 at 04:44 PM.

Old 04 April 2013   #24
I'd just like to re-post to link to my friends thread, where the full animation is currently taking place. Check it out.

Ironman Project

Old 04 April 2013   #25
So I haven't really had much time to work on this lately, but I haven't been entirely idle. I've finally got round to retopologising the model. This way I can do the majority of the wrinkles with proper mesh deformation and get a great visual representation whilst animating. I've also build in the mouth and tongue, but haven't quite finished the teeth yet though.

Few tweeks and clean up jobs to do like the lips, but I should be ready to start getting it rigged up now. Progress should start happening pretty quickly

Full Res Image

Old 06 June 2013   #26
FINISH HIIMMMMMMM!!!

And by that i mean finish him... Not format C lol

Old 06 June 2013   #27
Anthony I have indeed finished him! Art wise anyway. Water under the eyes really helps.

Full Res

Old 07 July 2013   #28
Quick render showing the early stages of the facial setup and wrinkle prototyping. The primary facial deformation is created using joints as all the hair is geometry based and therefore would have to be combined in order to use blendshapes. The secondary deformation likes wrinkles is all blendshape driven as the use of displacement maps mean you can't view the results realtime. This was painstaking because all of the topology needed to follow the wrinkles, but will be worth the extra effort in the end. You can see an example of this in the brows narrow where the skin dimples in above the eyebrows and on the brows up where the forehead creases.

Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Iron...5515492?fref=ts

Iron Man MKZ Armour Thread
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...4&page=11&pp=15

Old 12 December 2013   #29

Old 12 December 2013   #30
The moment has finally arrived

Enjoy

reply share thread