Malcolm Run Critique

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2012   #1
Malcolm Run Critique

Hi Everyone, I Recently spent a bit of time working on Malcolm, seeing how he works and put this run together. I always struggle with missing something out but feel happy with it. I Hope you enjoy. If you see anything else that can be improved, a Critique would be great.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58335803/Run.mov
Thanks for your time

Old 12 December 2012   #2
it looks great, the hips seem to keep getting lower and lower and by the fourth step theyre really low and also the body is going back and that makes it look like hes stopping, and the last frame it looks like he's flying, thats some of the things i picked up, good work though i don't think i could do something as good as that keep it up

Old 12 December 2012   #3
Hi Trebot88!
The shot looks great, and really fun to watch.
But you need to make sure that while he is running the body is constantly moving screen right, so watch out for stuff like f20 to 24 the hips go backwards. I think f31 to 35 can be an exception to the rule since he stops.
The step around f27 looks a bit strange.
I also think you could try and work on some slightly different leg poses on f42 to 50 as the legs feel like they strobe.
And watch your neck as it disappears for quite a lot of the shot and the head does weird things and pops.

Keep up the great work, and I look forward to seeing this shot finished.

Old 12 December 2012   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread