Old 08-09-2012, 05:36 AM   #1
JamesNZ
Frequenter
portfolio
James W
Wellington, New Zealand

CG truck into carpark WIP

Hi everyone,
As the tile says I'm working on integrating a CG truck into a live action plate. I've attached a render of the shot as it is presently, would appreciate some feedback on it. Don't worry about hurting my feelings

And does anyone know why there is that black line on the image in front of the truck?? It only appears when I render out the image from Nuke, I never see it in the viewer...

- Jesus

Old 08-12-2012, 02:53 AM   #2
YashaP
Know-it-All

portfolio
Yasha Peiros
Melbourne, Australia

By using the car in the background as comparison, i feel like the truck should be lots bigger, I also feel like the texturing is a bit flat and uniform (especially the tyres).

Just my 2c

Old 08-12-2012, 04:57 AM   #3
JamesNZ
Frequenter
portfolio
James W
Wellington, New Zealand

Yeah I was a bit iffy about the size as well, so I increased it a tad. If I bumped it up too much then it would look like the truck was scraping the ceiling

This is the final version below:

I think that size looks ok. I changed the lighting a bit, did some CC and bit of roto'ing to separate the AO pass from affecting that pillar. Next time I must remember to use a bump map

What do you think??

- Jesus

Old 08-13-2012, 12:03 AM   #4
Dillster
Always Learning

portfolio
Dylan Saunders
Student
Still in college
Dublin, Ireland

I would clone the car out of the background as it just makes the truck look too small. With the low ceiling it kind of limits how big the truck can be made, but taking the car out will make the trunk look better suited to the parking space.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:23 AM   #5
JamesNZ
Frequenter
portfolio
James W
Wellington, New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillster
I would clone the car out of the background as it just makes the truck look too small. With the low ceiling it kind of limits how big the truck can be made, but taking the car out will make the trunk look better suited to the parking space.

Hmmm I'll have a go. Rendered out the sequence from nuke yesterday and found that although the integration isn't that terrible, the matchmove is a-trocious! Gonna have to fix that up a LOT

Thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming

- Jesus

Old 08-19-2012, 04:40 AM   #6
JamesNZ
Frequenter
portfolio
James W
Wellington, New Zealand

Here it is currently:

Any comments?

- Jesus

Old 09-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #7
anthonymcgrath
Lord of the posts

portfolio
anthony mcgrath
United Kingdom

i'm guessing you scaled it up in that last frame a bit more? Personally i'd have it as large as i could get it and not worry too much about it looking 'close' to the ceiling.

would like to see a matchmove. I find if the matching isn't right i try to work out the depth and apply that as markers in the scene so the matchmover has an impression of how 'deep' the scene is.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:03 AM   #8
JamesNZ
Frequenter
portfolio
James W
Wellington, New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymcgrath
i'm guessing you scaled it up in that last frame a bit more? Personally i'd have it as large as i could get it and not worry too much about it looking 'close' to the ceiling.

would like to see a matchmove. I find if the matching isn't right i try to work out the depth and apply that as markers in the scene so the matchmover has an impression of how 'deep' the scene is.

Yep I scaled it up a lot. Matchmove test is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XryfBftobNU&feature=plcp. As you can see, not good I never could get it quite right, even after I did the marker reconstruction. The finals here: http://vimeo.com/47842331. Awful isn't it

- Jesus

Old 09-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #9
anthonymcgrath
Lord of the posts

portfolio
anthony mcgrath
United Kingdom

Mate your REALLY not a million miles out at all. that looks pretty nice in terms of its lighting match to the environment. the tracking is the let down in this but maybe have another go at it... it really looks good.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #10
JamesNZ
Frequenter
portfolio
James W
Wellington, New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymcgrath
Mate your REALLY not a million miles out at all. that looks pretty nice in terms of its lighting match to the environment. the tracking is the let down in this but maybe have another go at it... it really looks good.

Maybe when I upgrade my 'puter That took about 6-7 hours to render

- Jesus

Old 09-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #11
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread