my ironman project

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2012
Updated previous posts with pics

Last edited by anthonymcgrath : 11 November 2012 at 09:09 AM.

11 November 2012
Diggin that image where he is sliding on the ground with sparks...keep postin up more wip!

11 November 2012
Will do.. I'll try and get some wires up too and wotnot.

Its good to see someone reply.. Im sure if there was a like button ppl would just hit that tbh :/

11 November 2012
Hey , this is looking great, i am looking forward to seeing the final animation.

11 November 2012
Originally Posted by Sova: Hey , this is looking great, i am looking forward to seeing the final animation.

Cheers mate me too lol!

I've got a few shots to work into.. head shot with lip sync.. torso shot and a back of head shot then i reckon its about done in that section. the stuff before that is car renders in environment plus a few jet shots.. both of which i can do easily enough

11 November 2012
Will try an get an updated animatic edit up online later

11 November 2012
quick frame grab from the sequence - this features the jet launching a jericho missile at Tony Stark - note the Ten Rings logo on the wing

following shot - CU of jericho missile as it splits and launches its warheads at Stark.. animation on this one still needs some work but the camera position and compositing is pretty much there...

oh also forgot to put this shot up... this shot comes just before the car is hit by a missile... it shows Tony Starks iron man helmet deploying around his head still need to model some stubble mesh for a better silouhette around the chin but otherwise fairly happy with this shot..

Last edited by anthonymcgrath : 11 November 2012 at 09:40 PM.

11 November 2012
Very kewl progress... You're a machine to pull this off. Quick question on those profile head shots- how did you render the light bloom enveloping the back of his head?

11 November 2012
Thanks
Bloom is afx mate. sky, mountains, floor, char and car all separate channels. in post i just use them all as matte channels on a duplicate sky layer till Im left with the visible portion of sky. glow does the rest with additive transfer mode

the exposure effect has been useful too but the biggest help has been reference images I'll post one or two later

11 November 2012
Been working on a toughie with this sequence... car driving down desert road as heaps of explosions go off around it... bit miffed cos i know fume fx would bat this out the park but its not available for maya ...32bit v2010th anyways :/
Still managed to get something looking good with footage clips and afx 3d compositing... i just need to create a solid dusty tendrils filled smoky explosion... if anyone has ideas Im all ears!

11 November 2012
your a demon!! keep goin son!

11 November 2012
So hit some snags today... footage explosions are looking better as i used x-multi to key them. however i did some googling and tbh my explosions need to look dusty billowy and with tendrils. at present mine feel like ignited gasoline and its just not enough.
So Im looking into using fume fx and 3ds max... transferring a simple version of my scene as fbx animation data. that way i can have a go at using fume fx to create more convincing explosions.

In the meantime i can look into tidying some other shots and i have a shot with lip sync to do as well so that's gonna keep me busy for a while.

Pics to come and a sneak teaser too

11 November 2012
still working on the explosions for my main car shot. Tried FumeFX - quite good but the more i used it the more it felt like using maya fluids so i've decided to go back to maya fluids for explosions. I'm getting some fairly good results and far nicer than compositing greenscreen explosions in - i'll get some stills up soon.

In the meantime i thought i'd render off and composite this shot today... Keen eyed iron man fanatics will see the Ten Rings logo on the F14.
Fun fact #1 - apparently the US military sold all the retired F14's (or a fair few of em!) to middle east countries.. this was partly my reason for using the F14 in this sequence

12 December 2012
quick wip shot of the explosions happening around the car... combination of maya fluids, live action explosive elements and afx particles...

three more shots left to do now and two more to fine tune. Then its a case of get the colour grading right and various fx and it should be ready to get audio together

12 December 2012
your Project is just getting more Awesome everyday!!

Thread Closed share thread