my ironman project

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #46
iron man animation project - edit #2

just updated this animation. Am still staying close to the animatic for now and reworking the shots. Modelling and animation have all been updated in this edit above. There's still another couple of shots need working on though (jarvis autopilot shot at start and one in the middle where he sits back in the seat. He also still needs a tee lol!

Old 09 September 2012   #47
Looks freakin cool man! You got a job on iron man yet?! If not you should be gettin a call after this mammoth effort....nice work...!

Old 09 September 2012   #48
Originally Posted by anthonymcgrath: iron man animation project - edit #2

just updated this animation. Am still staying close to the animatic for now and reworking the shots. Modelling and animation have all been updated in this edit above. There's still another couple of shots need working on though (jarvis autopilot shot at start and one in the middle where he sits back in the seat. He also still needs a tee lol!

The animatic is tight man!! even without the final render, it's very dynamic, and I can almost hear all the sound effects

Solomon W. Jagwe
Soreel GraFX
http://www.sowl.com

Old 09 September 2012   #49
looking great!!

Old 09 September 2012   #50
cheers chaps glad you like it.

still lots of work to do on with regard to modelling and numerous other bits n bobs. The main focus of all of this is to try and nail the animation at this point before committing to a render. The render/composite i know i can do easily enough.

on vimeo now too...

Old 09 September 2012   #51
Not got much chance to work on this but have got some of the big render layers done for the final shot.

This final short still needs some bits doing regarding rubble an destruction but am happy with the animation.. which i will post up soon.

Other shots in the car are coming together too so that's good. hopefully i should have this done for may!

Last edited by anthonymcgrath : 09 September 2012 at 09:22 PM.

Old 09 September 2012   #52
quick example image to show some rendered layers. Much more than this goes in.. depth of field (luminance), motion vectors, normal pass, dust, smoke, sparks (although the latter few are generally composited in). Most ppl stick occlusion over with a multiply but i like to addd a specular pass over the top to bring the hot highlights back in too.. otherwise the occlusion tends to make the hotspots look dirty..

Old 10 October 2012   #53
okay.. finally.. a work in progress render & composite for you all. This is the final shot of the sequence (well... nearly the final shot heh!) and i'm still working on various elements like the car debris and dust/steam. also trying to get the explosion to work better at the start too - thats probably gonna need some practical elements compositing into it..

iron man final shot render & composite test

Old 10 October 2012   #54
Thumbs up

Unbelievable dude!!! Cant wait to see more WIP and the final soon!!!

Old 10 October 2012   #55
cheers mate - i did work into this shot a bit more - damage and scratches.. still image below...

lots more to come i'm just trying to get the rest of it to hold up too

(right click and view image to see it full resolution 1280 x720 )

Last edited by anthonymcgrath : 10 October 2012 at 09:37 AM.

Old 10 October 2012   #56
just thought i'd update - still working on this piece - dont want to give too much away though till its at a point where i can share the work with people no doubt you've all seen the iron man 3 trailer (looks superb) so hopefully i can get this finished in time for april 2013 if not before
ant

hope to have a low resolution edit together soon for you all to peruse over

Last edited by anthonymcgrath : 10 October 2012 at 02:29 PM.

Old 10 October 2012   #57
still working on rendering layers and various shots but in the meantime wanted to tackle a quick iron man HUD example...

iron man HUD example test 01

description on the youtube page... all motion data for matching up to the head done in after effects using expressions and scripts to obtain and average out motion tracking data. As a quick test works quite well i think. Next step is to try it on live action

Old 11 November 2012   #58
am still working on this.. here's a few frame grabs from the sequence of suit deployment...

Dont want to post up any animated/composited sequence yet sorry.. I know its a WIP animation forum but want the full sequence to hit home in a semi finished entirety

most of the explosion, dust and atmos outside the window is all after effects

this frame below is very much unfinished... half res render, no compositing.. it was purely to integrate a shot semi-rendered... lots of work to do on this shot yet...

NOTE! there is a missing frame here showing the suit deploying around his neck and back of his head.. This one is taking a fair bit of time but is starting to look great

Last edited by anthonymcgrath : 11 November 2012 at 08:44 AM.

Old 11 November 2012   #59
Thumbs up

Mate its looking fantastic!

Its great to see your still gettin it done-Its gonna look amazing

Old 11 November 2012   #60
Originally Posted by astroboii: Mate its looking fantastic!

Its great to see your still gettin it done-Its gonna look amazing

more pics just added to my previous thread an coupla pics below..

For anyone interested the hand repulsors, sparks and dust are all composited in after effects and tracked in 3d with the shot

went back to a cool blue chest RT glow and lens effect... much nicer and far more 'hi-tech' than the previous red which tbh reminded me of the old ironfire industrial age and open heart fireplaces lol... it just made the suit feel powered by something that burns or combusts whereas blue feels like a future unobtainable technology

Last edited by anthonymcgrath : 11 November 2012 at 09:10 AM.

Thread Closed share thread