yup another transformer, but this is mine!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2012   #16
Added in my portfolio/vimeo channel/blog a new animation with some extra rendered shots.
You can see it (HD) at: www.reynhout.nl (the second image with the close up of the decepticon)

Changed the image in the first post to a better version. Chaged the lighting, tiles in the background and made the grading in photoshop so I can easily do the same grading in Post for the animation..

Last edited by reinier1980 : 05 May 2012 at 09:16 AM. Reason: úpdate

Old 03 March 2012   #17
more images!

Update:

Tested different views that will be seen in the animation. To check upon the lighting, look and feel.
This is what it is going to look like. But then with a lot of action and movement and demolition!!

added one image with 50% wireframe, so you can see the geometry a bit. (for those who are interested.. Its the non DMM geometry for the kitchen.)

Old 03 March 2012   #18
update more views

added new view. Keep on checking and changing the light to make it match the whole animation.
Its going well now. Soon I`ll start animating the transformer in the scene. I worked last week on the explosion, difficult with fluids and particles but I think I have found my way to handle this.

Old 03 March 2012   #19
update

This time including the Decepticon!
Tell me what you think of it!

Old 03 March 2012   #20
Looks good to me, can't wait to see it moving.
The feel of the latest renders looks a bit industrial, it doesn't feel like a kitchen in someone's home if that makes sense? Warmer and softer lighting (more yellow and orange) in the kitchen would alter that and you can still make the transformer look like cold metal by tinting the metal material a bit blue but I suppose it depends on what sort of look you are after.

Old 03 March 2012   #21
my reference:

Old 03 March 2012   #22
Hi StayFrosty,

Thanks a lot. I do agree with the color setting. I wanted today to turn the 3 spots above the transformer on, but it didnt fit the feel I`m aiming at. I do want the contrast between warm and cold colors, light and dark. I think I have to work on the color setup and the grading.

What I want is the feeling that the toy box has been put in the kitchen. Stayed there during the nightfall. At that moment the decepticon will notice the autobot toy and transform during the absence of humans to wipe out the autobot.

The shots should look like the moonlight and a couple of soft warm lights lit the scene.
Ill look into your tips and see what I can make of it.
thnx!

Old 03 March 2012   #23
nice progress man...looking forward to your animation,

Cheers
Lazius

Old 03 March 2012   #24
Status update:

Currently rendering 2 shots to test the compositing and grading. Hope to upload it pretty soon.
Caching the irrandiance map now for 2 days already for 230 frames full HD. It`s going to take some time to finish it all. But I WILL! :-)

Prepared some scenes with fluid explosions and DMM geometry. Pretty cool if I can say so my self. Its going to be in there as well.

Keep you posted.

Old 03 March 2012   #25
composite with first rendered animation.

The first test animation is here. (composited)

Its not final. Its just two shots after each other to check to consistentcy between shots.
But it gives an impression of the direction I `m going too.

Added some speedramps in it cause it was a bit boring. Working on the edit in Maya atm.
Wonder what you guys think of it.
C ya!

Old 03 March 2012   #26
nice work - render looks nice and lighting is interesting.

one thing - how is that atmos dust matched up? is it like a smoke layer you matched up in compositing or is it actually in the scene?

just wondering - it looks very trapcode smoke effect but doesn't look synced to camera? I often bake out my cams from maya then export that out as a .ma - i can then use that to sync up my smoke and particle dust perfectly with camera move.

Old 04 April 2012   #27
Hi there,

Sorry for the lack of updates last 2 weeks, but I`ve got a excuse. I became a daddy.

You are right, my mistake in compositing. The effect looks crap. And now I look back on it and I`m still not satisfied with the result. Have to work on that once more.

Keep you guys posted.
C ya!

Old 04 April 2012   #28
big congratulations to you mate - its a crazy ride isn't it my little boy is just over 6 weeks now - i've forgot what sleep is like and tv too and i dont seem to mind heh!

Old 04 April 2012   #29
the render is really looking great nice work

Old 05 May 2012   #30
Worked on 3 extra shots for the intro. Allmost finished with the compositing on the 3 shots.

Now starting on the most complex shot. Involves a lot of animation, destruction, fluids and a slo wmotion moment.. Hope that this will work out as planned.

keep you posted.

Thread Closed share thread