The Black Temple

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 05 May 2012   #16
Anton Vereschagin did a fantastic job on realising Seven's body mesh from some cool but sketchy (due to budget constraints) concepts.

Concepts by Lachlan Creach...

Then I baked out the Ambient Occlusion to begin the texturing work....

Last edited by magilla : 03 March 2013 at 02:32 AM.

Old 06 June 2012   #17
Final texture pass on Seven

turnaround on youtube

Last edited by magilla : 05 May 2013 at 12:57 AM.

Old 06 June 2012   #18
Chops, soul patch and eyebrows, first pass using Maya fur...

Last edited by magilla : 05 May 2013 at 12:57 AM.

Old 06 June 2012   #19

Some wacky action in the fur direction map for the head hair using a fur system...

This was a quick attempt at driving fur with a hair system. Most likely go to full hair system for more flexibility and detail.

Last edited by magilla : 05 May 2013 at 12:54 AM.

Old 06 June 2012   #20
Cameron,

At the beginning your concepts had reminded me of living album art, until I saw your production page... whoa, I'm left drooling--the gravy just keeps pouring. Can't wait to check out more progress and its great completion.

Old 08 August 2012   #21
Plugging away with the storyboards, should have some more updates soon....

Old 08 August 2012   #22
Thumbs up

This is so cool, Awesome work. I especially like the bike... wish one could just get a 3D print of that... can become a cool merchandise

cheers,
ak
Zero G
Uplift Universe

Old 08 August 2012   #23
thanks dude - yeah I looked at 3d printing for the characters - it's very affordable for plain prints but can be very expensive for colour/painted models.

Old 09 September 2012   #24
Our VFX Supervisor has just bought a 3d printer. Should be seeing some prints of the bike soon!

Old 10 October 2012   #25
Looking >> to see the print out. How's the film coming along?

Old 10 October 2012   #26
Originally Posted by Narntson: How's the film coming along?
I'm also looking forward to this a lot. So far it promises to be something truly great.

Old 10 October 2012   #27
No bike prints yet sorry dudes.

Film is progressing - still waiting for the boards!

Models of Witus and Sunday are slowly being finished.

Bike rig is done.

Seven's face rig is being pieced together. I am handling this myself - hooking up the blends to the controls using sdk but scripting the process so I can re-use it on the other characters.

Old 03 March 2013   #28
Just popped in for a quick update only to notice that all of the image links are now broken! Thanks facebook.

If you are keen to see those pics and heaps more pop over to the facebook photo stream.

http://www.facebook.com/TheBlackTemple/photos_stream

I shall endeavour to add new pics to the black temple website and share from there in the future.

As for the update....

Storyboards are as finished as they are ever going to be. Six months for a six week job (and they are still not complete) has thrown the project into complete disarray and I must apologise to the artists who have been patiently waiting for more work to come their way as the project progresses. Regardless of this set back I am moving on with the blocking and the tedious process of logging shot numbers and frame ranges.

I use a custom built Filemaker database which I developed at Momentum Animations way back at the turn of the century and refined at Act3 over several years. I can track the progress of every shot through boards, blocking, animation, rendering and fx. The database can be shared and updated over a network or the web with anyone working on the project, it's a great little system. My experience from using Shotgun in a big company environment has been that it is geared mostly towards the admin and production managers, whilst my system is focussed towards the artist but still giving producers a quick overview of each shot and the project as a whole.

-=CC=-

Old 05 May 2013   #29
After a year long stint at Iloura working on After Earth, Gatsby and I, Frankenstein I'm back at the helm of Black Temple. Blocking is underway and the Behemoth has a rig.

Old 07 July 2013   #30
I'm almost through blocking the difficult action section of the sequence. 80 shots out of 138 done.

There were quite a few delays with rigging problems and Human Ik basically not performing. I have switched to Advanced Sekeleton, the performance is much slower and constraining rig and body parts to other rigs is nightmarishly slow. Jump onto the facebook page page for more consistent updates.

reply share thread