Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Alex Kaiser

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2004   #1
Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Alex Kaiser

Alex Kaiser has entered the Grand Space Opera 2D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Extinction

Thanks For all the feedback everyone, here is the final image, could probably tweak it forever, but I'll leave it here. Hope you like it.

Good luck to everyone in the challange.

My Website

Old 11 November 2004   #2
Concept Sketch: Initial Ideas

Hola, just upping my first pic, haven't had time to join the challange earlier, but I can see it's going to be tough, loads of amazing artists taking part. Good luck to all.

This is just an initial concept I've been playing with. Just to get a feel for the type of scenery i'm going to try create. something quite insect like but advanced. Not human, but could be close, I'll have to see where it brings me.

My Website

Old 11 November 2004   #3
i like your concept for the ship design hope to see some more soon

Old 11 November 2004   #4
Concept Sketch: Compositional Sketch

Just working on some compositional sketching, I think I'm going to try a long panaramic, or something to that effect, not to sure yet, just trying to get initial ideas onto paper.

My Website

Old 11 November 2004   #5
Nice ship design. Welcome to the challenge

Old 11 November 2004   #6
Concept Sketch: Compositional Sketch 02

Just playing with more compositions, and ideas, this one my thinking is similar to the last, but a different kind of scenerio. A mining city, one is left behind. There will be alot more technology in the right hand side if I would take this, but just thinking of ideas at the moment.

My Website

Old 11 November 2004   #7
hey man i like your angles theyre coming out nicly itll be good to see what you come up with

Old 11 November 2004   #8
Concept Sketch: Comp sketch

Ok, I think it's between this one and the other. On the right hand side would be ships leaving, while one lone figure watches them abandon the planet. Reasons unknown yet, as I must think of them. Not to sure which to choose yet, what do you think?

My Website

Old 11 November 2004   #9
Like your sketches, the tones has a very hands on feel. There is something I like about that long panoramic concept. Maybe put if the perspective is on a steeper angle could make it a little bit more dramatic.

Old 11 November 2004   #10
i like your new concept i think youshould run with it and keep the colors gives the scene a look as if there is a sand storm or something and would make the lone figure watching more dramatic keep it up man

Old 11 November 2004   #11
The desolate montainside is looking really interesting! Seeing as you asked, I like that concept much more than the other one. The scale is a lot more epic, and a craggy background holds more interest for me than a long, flat one. I also really like your spaceship concept, too. How will it look at the angle you need it to be for fleeing the mountainside? Good luck with it!

-mike

Old 12 December 2004   #12
Concept Sketch: More concept

Just was just working on an idea for the stone towers, and it turned into this. I'm still working on the concept, I'm thinking at the moment, The past meeting the future, (this is only an idea of a larger panaramic) At the moment it's got a quite an old-style in it. But still working on the concept. Any thoughts?

My Website

Old 12 December 2004   #13
I really think you should go with the three mountains, stacked up next to eachother. It shows more enviroment and structure, than just single one, no offence to your design AT ALL! =) but its clitche sometimes when its just one single thing..I really like the 3 of them together =) and the man standing next to them!

Old 12 December 2004   #14
Hi Alex,

your last concept looks interesting. Especially the thumbnail version is very eye-catching.
Somehow it reminds me a bit of "the cathedral" - perhaps because of the arrangement.

I also agree to adonhis - to place another building in the distance (less saturated) to increase the depth of your image.

Greetings
Fahrija

Old 12 December 2004   #15
Concept Sketch: Cloud practice

Just getting a feel for the image, this is a practice image of the element I'm going to be using in the final one, so the final will be completely re-drawn, just trying to get the hang of rock an clouds, and atmosphere.

My Website

Thread Closed share thread