Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Teemu Rajala

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2004   #61
Thank you for the feedback! Interesting opinions.
Many of you seem to like the "pilot" concept more... Well, I still won't bury it.. I just haven't figured out happenigs on the BG.. that's why I'm not so interested about it.

...Hehe, forgot to tell you, that I changed the mountain to Big Ben full of TNT ;D

Old 12 December 2004   #62
Coloring WIP: Balloon Color 3

Hmm... Tomorrow I propably try movie poster composition with this one... Good night! :)

-My Grand Space Opera-

"
you don't need eyes to see, you need vision!" -Faithless

Old 12 December 2004   #63
WOW, i confess i was a bit sceptical about your new color scheme but now, wow, amazing! These smoke trails and these clouds are excellent and the lighting on big ben really works! I really like your world TeemuR. Anyway i've some critiques, i think the foreground need more contrast than the rest of your image to extend the "travel experience". And the clouds to the bottom need to be blended with some color, blue, orange, red, what you want because these gray really kill your work! Just my opinion

Old 12 December 2004   #64
Coloring WIP: Balloon Color 4

I wanted to try out totally different color scheme. I think it works pretty well.

-My Grand Space Opera-

"

Old 12 December 2004   #65
Hecartha: Thank you for the crits! I'm going to fix those If I'm going to work more with that color scheme

Old 12 December 2004   #66
Hi, i like the palette of your last coloring wip, good work

My challenge page

Old 12 December 2004   #67
Good work, man ! your last color step is my favourite. I like the ambience, colorful and real fun!
It's nice to have put Big Ben in your pict, but It's really hudge compared to the city just aside...
Good job !

Old 12 December 2004   #68
yeah, this last one is also my favourite. Good mastery of sub surface scattering lol, i feel the light entering in these cloud and scattering inside, great job

Old 12 December 2004   #69
not that big ben!

I love the concept, maybe you should use a big ben - inspired looking clock tower rather than the thing itself because it's such a recogniseable icon that people instantly put it in a real world context and it's not actually that big!

I think it would work better if you took design cues from big ben, but beefed it up to look like a super big ben that's been constructed in the future or alternate past or something...

-Tom

Old 12 December 2004   #70
Hi Teemu,

what an action packed image. This really looks like a big civilization confrontation The color scheme fit very well to it. Very well done.

Greetings
Fahrija

Old 12 December 2004   #71
getting better

I agree with you!
it works pretty pretty well.

Old 12 December 2004   #72
Coloring WIP: Poster Comp Color

Here's new version of movie poster like composition. What do you think of it?

-My Grand Space Opera-

"

Old 12 December 2004   #73
I'm glad that you like the new colorscheme Sometimes I just feel that the composition needs something more but maybe it's just me. I've tried to add more elements to it but so far nothing really has worked well.

MDN67, Hecartha, Fahrija & giocele: Thank you
Arctis & Freefall Alpha: I was thinking that Big Ben would be a huge remake of the original one to other planet, but you might be right that I shouldn't make Big Ben itself.

Old 12 December 2004   #74
It just rock!! I'm sure about the 2 little characters in the down left corner but they quite fit in the composition though.

Great work so far!

fewlines.com

Old 12 December 2004   #75
I really like the early version of the black and white concept you posted, that look so fantastic. I'm not sure about the new updates though, the complexity of all these destruction and characters sitting outside of the main image is not really working for me. There is a lot happening which is kind of causing the problem of not knowing what the central focus is at. Maybe I'm wrong about it and this is the grand feeling that you want to interpret. Nevertheless I still do like the concept but even more so the original black and white version.

Thread Closed share thread