Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Pierre Droal

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2004   #61
MAybe u should do something bigger an in the first plan. Simply becouse at the moment there is nothing to focus on. Lots of happening, but at the same time no happening at all. I didnt read all the thread so u could have this in plan, but just a suggestion if u dont Good pic anyway!

DW V 2d

Old 11 November 2004   #62
OOO thats very fantastic ı love this composition

Old 11 November 2004   #63
WOW! what an impression. Those smokes and elements does give a lot of dynamic movement. However I do agree with "walrus" that those elements does look like missiles and not ships. Its too small to be convince. Maybe just a little bit bigger would better.

Old 11 November 2004   #64
Wink

Thank U.

Story comming soon. I composite the story and then i must translate to english.

U do good job too.

Old 11 November 2004   #65
black smoke

very interesting piece!

but... i wouldent admit to having no idea what the ships look like, your suposed to be the designer of this world!

and second, the black smoke on the left of the scene ruins the integrity of your larger structure. it follows the shape of that big pillar so now the pillar looks like it may be made of smoke or clouds as well. its just hard to read.

I realy like the environment design!

Old 11 November 2004   #66
Salut Arctis!

The ships you added definitely give more dinamism to your scene. Maybe just a little remark though, I think that they are maybe too black. If you could lower the contrast of the farthest and influence their colors by the environment, it may help I think. And I'd liked to have a better view of one of these ships. I'm just curious to know what they look like. Anyway, I still like very much your environment! Great work so far!

fewlines.com

Old 11 November 2004   #67
Coloring WIP: The only time we met them ...

Hi,
Here's a new version with a bigger ship on the foreground. I also removed many spots around the building, it was too much.
The ship's design is inspired of shells, and I put a little motion blur on it.
I lightened a bit the bottom of the building, and darkened its top, to add more depth.
Later !!!

Old 11 November 2004   #68
looks good, I like the way it's developed! I think the smoketrails are effective - though teh one on teh right looks like the vehicle may collide with the mountain... anyway, look forward to more.

Old 11 November 2004   #69
I really like how this is coming along, Arctis. Your city is still just the coolest concept out there!I hope you don't mind if I make one small observation: I like that you've added a spaceship in the foreground, as it obviously addresses one of my earlier concerns. However, it's I find that it's really easy to read that ship as an explosion. Why? The color of the ship matches the color of the black smoke. and with all of the motion blur where the jets are firing out of the ship, it reads and those jets just blending inot that smoke-like body shape. And all of the ridges of the shell-ship are emanating out radially from its center, like an explosion would. I hate to bring it up, because I don't want to always sound like a downer, but I felt you might want to hear it. Maybe a more clearly delineated separation beween engines and ship, or a lighter body, or a slightly simpler form? Or maybe nothing at all! :-) Anyhow, hope you don't mind, and again, really great work you're doing, I really an in awe!

-mike

Old 11 November 2004   #70
and also, what ever happened to this:
"I search a color that will be colder than background, but not too cold just not to break the ambience ( no violet, or cyan, or pure black : great Titian said that black is blue )."
... :P

Old 11 November 2004   #71
Hi everybody,
-Walrus : thanks for your comments,man ! Sorry but I don't feel the ship is exploding... It's just a rubbish ship, so if it gives the impression that it's splitting, I must say I like that.
-Daadaa : if I understand you, you mean there's no more color cooler than BG. Maybe... I will correct it at the end.
- Kraull : I've changed color of far away ships, to integrate them in the environnement. The biggest one is black to get more depth.
Later !

Old 11 November 2004   #72
Man this is looking sooo awesome. I like the feeling of heavy organic vs. heavy industrial. Very cool.

Old 11 November 2004   #73
Final Coloring: The only time we met them ...

Hi,
I've made my colors warmer and add a little texture on the whole.
Later...

Old 11 November 2004   #74
The new changes does certainly bring out the image with depth and clarity. Maybe the smoke is looking a little bit darker or its either not as transparent as it should. It's also got this harsh transition from going black to white. Unless there is some physics behind it eg. the space craft is using its extra booster at that changing point, in that case its not a point of concern. Hopefully the black ship you have in the foreground is still to be worked on. Looking seriously good.

Old 11 November 2004   #75
Beautiful work! I love it. And you have a great sense of scale to your composition, so congrates on that

Look forward to more updates.!

Thread Closed share thread