Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Pierre Droal

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2004   #46
Great composition...and love the landscape. This is really original in ideas and style and definitely hints at the epic scale needed.

I look forward to seeing how this develops...keep the great WIPs coming!!

Old 11 November 2004   #47
Thanx for your reactions, all of you !!!
Steve, I understand your point of view, but when I see other reactions on that thread, I think that all is possible with the jury. As I can't foretell their reaction, I prefer to follow my "instinct".
Many times I've shown my works to a jury, and their opinion always surprised me, so now I consider that's absolutly out of my control... So I will see.

Later!!!

Old 11 November 2004   #48
Hi, All my encouragements for your GSO, thinks you of adding some
vehicles or civilizations with your large decorations
Good road

Old 11 November 2004   #49
Coloring WIP: The only time we met them...

Hi, everyone !
I've added 2 ships running away to the city, to put more action in the scene. Black smog is caused by diesel powered engine, not very ecological... sorry greenpeace !
Later !

Old 11 November 2004   #50
Wow, those 2 ships really add to the spiralness of this piece.. Just when you think it can't get any cooler, it does! Because of the black smoke and how small the ships are, they read to me as missiles, not ships... But I have no problem with that as it adds a feeling of conflict. Anyhow, curious what else (if anything) you plan to do with this, it's looking nice!

-mike

Old 11 November 2004   #51
once again great stuff Pierre !!! i'm doing very similar stuff for mount and landscape in my scene.. now it's not ready yet but when i'll post first sketch of my composition you can see it's very similar.. and btw your work helps me a lot to get a clear idea in what direction i have to move for my stuff.. thank you for that mate!!!
keep it up man!! extremely cool project your doing here!!
cheers..

Old 11 November 2004   #52
Holy crap! Talk about great flow. Nice work.

Old 11 November 2004   #53
Thumbs up

Good idea to have put these two ships! It makes us feel the scale of your original environment! I haven't remarked the tiny lights of city perhaps in the rock... This thing is huge!! O_o'

see you

fewlines.com

Old 11 November 2004   #54
the ships

Hi again! That´s what I was talking about! The two ships give dinamics, intrigue, action! In my opinion I like another one a bit closer ot us. Excellent work!! Keep on it!!!

Old 11 November 2004   #55
great idea about the ships . . . but as walrus said. make it more obvios that they are ships . . . because they do read as missiles. But this is a beutiful piece.

Old 11 November 2004   #56
Your landscape is great!The ships is a good addition but i think they could be larger.The landscape is bad to be hidden.A compromise can be found. I have the same thougths concerning my entry.My characters would take much space in the scene, but then i will not show the vast world you show in your entry.Its difficult to decide.

Old 11 November 2004   #57
Wow!!! I love this... very dynamic... excelent!
Good luck!

Old 11 November 2004   #58
The two ships give more level to the composition, and a better sense of scale but as Walrus and others said, maybe you have to emphasize that the ships are ships, not missiles... And the black smoke looks GREAT

Old 11 November 2004   #59
Coloring WIP: The only time we met them ...

Hi,
I've made a new update, with more ships flying around the city.
I had two choices about missile-looking ships : I do bigger ships, OR I do plenty of small ships buzzing around the building, to suggest city 's traffic.
I chose the second possibility, because I have absolutly no idea of ship's shape, and I don't enjoy drawing it...
Later !!!

Old 11 November 2004   #60
i really like how this image is turning out but i still think there is very little depth in it.

Thread Closed share thread