Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Mihai Marcel Titoiu

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2004
Concept Sketch: detail

Now that the composition is over I have the proportions and the mood for the final work. Itís time for the real thing.
First thing: bringing more detail to the destroyer because itís the nearest object to camera.
I used a transparent paper to copy the original shape of the ship and then I made a Xerox copy and add some shadows with grey markers.

11 November 2004
Concept Sketch: Detailed destroyer

Second thing I did was to enlarge the ship to A3 paper. This way I can work on the details.

11 November 2004
Arrow

Nice concept and composition

Can you explain the fonctional part of this twin destroyer? I mean what is inside the middle part? A dock for the fighters?

Good luck in the challenge

11 November 2004
Concept Sketch: Destroyer A3

For the A3 version of the destroyer I used all the stuff a had on my desk: grey and black markers, black and white pencils etc. Just to get the right level of detail.

11 November 2004
Hi! taz23

the spaceship concept is excellent! the middle structure is sophisticated, it seems a great architectural work.

excuse my english...

11 November 2004
man, just amazing!!!

11 November 2004
man that the ship design is excellent!!!

11 November 2004
The middle part of the destroyer is a complicated structure build to gather energy from space and transform it into propulsion energy. I think

11 November 2004
This is coming along splendidly. I'm looking forward to more. The design of your ships is inspiring.

11 November 2004
Your ship is so cool!! I really like the contrast between the middle part of it and the armor.

Keep on the good work!

fewlines.com

11 November 2004
Coloring WIP: texturing

I changed the shipís layer from normal to multiply. This way I can work under it.

11 November 2004

I want the shell of the ship to have an organic feel so I used a texture made from trees. By using Transform Ė Distort from the Edit panel Iím arranging the texture on the surface of the shell.

11 November 2004

Texturing complete and looking fine. With the Dodge Tool Iím highlighting the shape on the texture layer. Itís not from a light source, itís just to see the shape of the shell better.

11 November 2004

Details, details and more details. A new layer over the shipís layer where Iím drawing details with different brushes. The texture layer helps me a lot at this stage.

Thread Closed share thread