Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Mihai Marcel Titoiu

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2004   #16
Concept Sketch: color sketch

Here is a two hours color concept. Itís not the final image :) this is just another sketch to see how the colors and composition work. You can see in the third image I had to enlarge a bit Ė Moon Dragon was right.

Hope you like it guys.

Old 11 November 2004   #17
You're going fast! The colors look great!

Maybe adding some more color on the planet's surface (not to saturated though), just a thought!

Old 11 November 2004   #18
Concept Sketch: final concept sketch

Well...this is my final concept for the artwork.. I have enough information to start the final piece.
Iíve made some big changes from the last version of the concept but I like it this way.
The destroyer is bigger so I can work on the details more, the planetís surface is pretty ok, the colors and contrasts look ok, the composition has changed Ė flip horizontal Ė That's a HUGE change but works better for the composition.

Old 11 November 2004   #19
Hi taz23,

a lot of action! > I like it

Suggestions:
Maybe it could be useful to give the planet an own characteristic color. At this moment the space and planet color are nearly the same. Regarding the composition I would think about placing one big spaceship or some little ones in section around the image.

Greetings
Fahrija

Old 11 November 2004   #20
cool

Great, I really like the dark feel to it anf the ship design is excellent. It already stands out from the rest. Great work keep it coming

Old 11 November 2004   #21
Wow!! awesome!!
just one thing... maybe you can put more light on the big spaceship...its a bit to dark. SO we can see more details!!...or not....just opinion
GREatt job man!!

Old 11 November 2004   #22
wow!!!

i can realy feel all the bombs falling and the ships flying by!!

loved the colors also!

good job

Old 11 November 2004   #23
Love your entry so far! Great feel for composition and overall balance.

One thing you could yet try: Show a direct attack of the gigantic destroyer ship. A classic approach to this would be some kind of laser beam hitting the planet, or you could do it more original. But still if you don't, the concept is already spectacular

Old 11 November 2004   #24
Amazing designs and colorwork! It has a very organic feel to it somehow, i like it.
My only suggestion is to change the angle of the ship just below the large one- tilt it downward a bit maybe.

Old 11 November 2004   #25
Great drawing man!!
Indeed there is some kind of organic feeling about it!
Now that you flipped your image its much more impressive and epic i find.
Myabe it could be cool indeed to put some little starship-fighters coming into the screen from just behind us.
A little bit like we had a big platform just behind us with ships getting over passing over us.
Just an idea likee that.
Anyway Curious to see how you work out te colors(already great and dark!!!)
Later!!!

y grint Spacepra:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=184953

Old 11 November 2004   #26
Pretty good! The flip does work for my. The dark feel also looks good. Agree at some point with Fahrija on the color of the planet, but I can't suggest any color 'cause right now the reddish -blueish palette works just fine to my eyes.

Old 11 November 2004   #27
Impessive images here I think I will have to watch

I create therefore I am....

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

Old 11 November 2004   #28
10x for all of your appreciations and advices guys. It really means a lot to me. The internet was down at the studio so Iíll show you what Iíve been doing last night.

Old 11 November 2004   #29
Concept Sketch: Newconceptsketch

OK, this will be the final concept :) I hope. Now is much closer to what I had in mind.

Old 11 November 2004   #30
Concept Sketch: detail

Now that the composition is over I have the proportions and the mood for the final work. Itís time for the real thing.
First thing: bringing more detail to the destroyer because itís the nearest object to camera.
I used a transparent paper to copy the original shape of the ship and then I made a Xerox copy and add some shadows with grey markers.

Thread Closed share thread