Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Maciej Kuciara

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2005   #31
Coloring WIP: The Messenger

And here are the changes I did before holidays. The changes weren't big, just few added details and little different color mood (very little ;)). The SW influences the picture I know that and I'll try to change it in futher progress. Sci-fi buldings are in very sketchy for the moment. I'll post the newes't update today very very soon.
Again thanks for comments.

Old 01 January 2005   #32
Hi there tiger! Nice to hear u r back I like the changes, maybe u could even exagerate with that shitty mood a bit.
And I have an idea how to make a distance between ur pic and a SW. What is similar to SW, is order, VIPs infront of the ship dressed in a coat and buildings in the background (thats the biggest). So what could u do, is to change the roof of the dome. Dont cancel the dome, just add 4 or more small towers rising to the sky (out from the picture). That will completely change the feeling of a SW architecture and a SW as well if u ask me. Just the building in the first plan... not more.
Good luck!

DW V 2d

Old 01 January 2005   #33
coming along really nicely...

Old 01 January 2005   #34
Yeah it's pretty "nabooish" but still imaginative! And beeing nabooish isn't a bad thing...at least when the gungans are not around

Everything clicks to place in this Artwork...Can't find anything wrong with it...perspective is good and colors are dazzling! the concepts are also really nice...I'll still like to see some sketches from you...to get the designs open up a bit more.

good job and good luck! :>

Old 01 January 2005   #35
wOw, great picture, i like the style the color and the lighting, good work, i wait the final image

Old 01 January 2005   #36
The image is looking great! I really like the cinematic feel of it. It does look like a shot from SW

Old 01 January 2005   #37

I did few steps with detail and architecture updates, and there's much work to do. Wish me luck I'll get the final image before 17 ;)
ninja-that's good idea, but I tried to push it more into greek/roman. Lets see how it works :)
More updates soon.
Cheers

Old 01 January 2005   #38
Arrow

Great progress here, I hope you can finish on time this nice image.

Will you refine the skyscrapers a little? They look verry "undetailed" comparing to the forground antic building... maybe just some variations showing some windows lines will be enough

Powodzenia

Old 01 January 2005   #39
what else can we expect from such an artist as you. Heading for another award!

Old 01 January 2005   #40
Hi,
Really interesting your painting and good blow of brush,
good luck.

Old 01 January 2005   #41

Thanks guys :)
Here's the newest update of the picture. And less time for it til 13 of January :(
I'm trying to improve the detail, there should also appear few objects (samll ones),the sky will be corrected, also the city behind front buildings shall be improved with detail and structure.
The right-front building will also be changed with detail a bit.
After painting the details I'll do some postprocesing to push up the picture. Hope I'll have enough time for that, wish me luck!

Salut!

Old 01 January 2005   #42
Great im going yet another step down thanx to this super art

Might as well give you some critics. But the piece is still on the works. Well anyway here they come.

All the buildings in the background exhibit sharp shadows, but the foreground objects do not have them. Its pretty hard to evaluate the hovering height of the spaceship.
You could also brighten spaceship windows up a bit. Bring up the glassy reflection of the spaceship window on the floor.

What is the aim of your specular values on the building up ahead? Left part is looking slighty clayish since there is very low count of speculars.

Anyway great work! Way better than mine! Sorry if these crits upset you, but please do give crits to my entry if you feel like punishing me up.

Old 01 January 2005   #43
Stunning detail and lighting, especially the building. I like the old feel it has to it.
Nothing to criticize here. Keep it up.

Old 01 January 2005   #44
Falcor_ I'm not upset You got some few point I didn't see earier which is helpful.Thanks!

Old 01 January 2005   #45
hey, awsome painting, theres just a little thing that confuses me a little... there is a bridge on the right that just stops.... is it suppose to be like that or havent you painted it yet?

Thread Closed share thread