Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: krzysiek kamrowski

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2004   #16
Thumbs up very nice very

it,s a very good idea to use a shape of churche. i hate myself i didn.t think about it. god damn it. idę na wdke

Old 11 November 2004   #17
The image in post #3 is interesting - the originality of the spaceship is a bonus. Good Luck

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

Old 11 November 2004   #18
for a few dollars more...

your painting style is so refreshing, i love your loose choppy style and new ideas. i love where this is going! what software are you using for the painting?

i don't think the face needs any equipment, his pose is so mysterious - i'd love to see you carry on the western theme with some iconic buildings in the background. to me it looks like he's staring out into the distance, setting off into the unknown and leaving behind a life or something he's done in this city...

...so you need something going on in the background that seems epic and shocking to anyone in the city, but he knows it's going on, so he just sets off without looking back..maybe as if he's ashamed of what he's done and is trying to put it behind him?

very inspiring work!

Old 11 November 2004   #19
Originally Posted by Peddy: i like the church idea! space operas and religion dont usually go that hand in hand (to the extent of physical representation with technology) and so far in the this competition its the first representation of religion ive seen. im not religious personally, but i feel as far as the iconic element can do, itll really push it forward if you evolve it well! good luck.

NO!...i had religion first mwuahahahahahhaha.end

cool work!

Old 11 November 2004   #20
Concept Sketch: last concept

ok, i've got back to the second concept. i'll add "cathedral city" on the left. perspective will change a bit, and clouds... cumolonibus rockzzz;)

waiting for your C&C.

gordonm, thx, you helped me to decide to the second concept.

vapourtrail, thanx for kind words... and the background idea... but no more concept changes :)

NOOB, thx.

lapazpaki, alcohol... yeap, hyp... yip

Old 11 November 2004   #21
hi, I like your style. The concepts are interesting - I wonder whether the last one is a bit empty? perhaps needs a third point of interest.

Old 11 November 2004   #22
Hi Kengi,
Well man, I really am curious of your work !!! Your sent very high potential pictures, especially the last one ( great portraits too...)
I'll keep an eye on your thread.

Can we see your portfolio somewhere???

Old 11 November 2004   #23
Wow, great style. I like the ultra high feeling of this. Cool texture.

Old 11 November 2004   #24
Wink

Great perspective! I see a lot of entrant really thought really big!

Old 11 November 2004   #25
vapourtrail, i forgot to mention... im using only photoshop, now i'm doing perspective in 3d. witch i'll post soon.

bolchover, yeah maybe it is bit empty, but i hope details will cover this, and will add two other space ships witch are attempting to land in the cathedral city. im thinking also about lots of small 'interceptors' witch are flying next to the 'cathedral' spacecraft.

Arctis, thank you for your interesst. you can see some of my works here.

dougbot, Leadpump, thank you very much

Last edited by kengi : 11 November 2004 at 01:28 PM.

Old 11 November 2004   #26
Hi Kengi,
Your link to your website doesn't work...
Tell me when it will be OK !

Old 11 November 2004   #27
This is really great. I think the ship design has a unique look, and the compostion looks great. I do feel like you could use some more darks in there though. It's not dramatic enough just yet in my opinion. I really liked you sketch with the face and buildings in the background. It had dynamic perspective, and you felt the overwhelming size of everything. I'm not feeling that on the new sketch though. Maybe just some forced perspective would do the trick. Great job overall!

Old 12 December 2004   #28
First 'cathedral' concept gives IMO impression of bigger scale - maybe because of that background planet reference. It all looks smaller on the second one, some kind of size reference here would not harm.

Old 12 December 2004   #29
Wow! lovely design for that ship, reminds me of the Slave 1 from star wars! But over all, awesome! Great grungy colors =) Love it

Old 12 December 2004   #30
Yep,got no crits so far,this is looking great and it's a great start.
I prefer the cathedral too and I thought that maybe some cyborg-gargoyles could be cool hanging around the ship/cathedrale...Just an suggestion.
I'll sure be back here,good luck mate!!!

My Grand SpaceBra 2d:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=184953

Thread Closed share thread